Iraq Stock Market Report

Advertising Feature Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 19th Oct 2017). Please click here to download a table of listed companies and their associated ticker codes. The RSISX index ended the week at IQD775 (-0.3%) / $792 (-0.3%) (weekly change) (-19.2% and -16.3% YTD change, respectively). The number of week traded […]

Korea’s Support is Helping Iraqi Returnees

The Government of the Republic of Korea and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) signed a partnership agreement today for US$4 million to support stabilization and recovery in newly liberated areas in Iraq. Korea’s contribution will be channeled through UNDP’s Funding Facility for Stabilization (FFS), which finances fast-track initiatives in areas retaken from ISIL. This is […]

GardaWorld Weekly Security Report

GardaWorld, a global leader in comprehensive security and risk management, has made its weekly security report available to Iraq Business News readers. Prepared by GardaWorld’s Risk Analysis Team in Iraq, this essential report includes short- and medium-term outlooks on the security situation, reports and commentary on recent significant events, and a detailed overview of developments […]

Video: Balance of Power shifts in Kirkuk

From AFP. Any opinions expressed are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Iraq Business News. With the return of Kirkuk to Iraqi control, the balance of power appears to have shifted between the ethnic communities in the Kurdish-majority city, to the delight of its Turkmen residents.

Gazprom Neft not to Cut Production at Badra

By John Lee. Russia’s Gazprom Neft has said it expects production at the Badra oilfield to stay between 85,000 and 90,000 barrels per day (bpd) in 2018. Deputy chief executive Vadim Yakovlev (pictured) told Reuters that Baghdad has not asked the company to curtail production, despite reports that the Oil Ministry had asked foreign producers […]

US Providing Essential Support for Iraq’s Children

Hundreds of thousands of children and their families in Iraq who have suffered the pain of brutal conflict and displacement will have regular access to lifesaving clean drinking water and services that respond to gender based violence thanks to help from the U.S. government. With the latest contribution of nearly 9 million US$ from the […]

Video: Concern over Alleged Abuse of Kurds in Kirkuk

From Al Jazeera. Any opinions expressed are those of the authors, and do not necessarily reflect the views of Iraq Business News. About 100,000 Kurds have fled the Kirkuk region since it was retaken by Iraqi forces from Kurdistan’s regional government (KRG). The UN says it is worried by reports of civilians being forcibly displaced […]

Baghdad hits back at Rosneft/KRG Deal

By John Lee. Iraq’s Ministry of Oil has hit back at Rosneft‘s recent decision to enter a production-sharing deal with the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) without its approval. In a statement, the Ministry warned: “The ministry of oil warns seriously all the countries and oil companies from contracting or dealing with any authority inside Iraq […]

Rosneft to Build New Kurdistan Oil Pipeline

Russia’s Rosneft and Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) have announced the start of joint implementation of an infrastructure project for the operation of the oil pipeline in the Kurdish Autonomous Region. According to a statement from Rosneft, its share in the project “may amount to 60%“. “The other project participant with 40% share will be KAR […]