Conference on bridging the research gap
The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research will hold an international conference on revitalising scientific research, from 14 to 16 December in Erbil, capital of the Kurdistan Region. The goal of this conference is to connect university departments and individual scientists with their counterparts in international centres of excellence.
The primary aims of the conference are to
- Support researchers’ efforts to widen their contacts and networks
- Engage international academics in split-site PhD supervision
- Encourage world-renowned universities to establish long-term relationships and investment in the Kurdistan Region
- Encourage international companies with interests in higher education and scientific research to establish a foothold in the Kurdistan Region’s market
Workshops will include:
- Review, identify and analyse policies for research collaboration.
- Analyse policies and best practices for split-site PhD programs in specific scientific fields.
- Present programmes for developing links and MOUs between international and Kurdistan Region universities.
- Review access to the market and policies for investing.
- Review policies for widening scholarship programs.
- Recommend policies and best practices in research administration.
The Conference will give participants an opportunity to:
- Present proposals
- Discuss opportunities
- Network for new projects
- Visit historical sites of cultural interest
Please note that the conference has been rescheduled from October to December 2010.
Call for applications to participate in the conference
The conference is for higher education policy makers, administrators, academics and researchers.
For more information and to download a registration form, please see the conference website http://sites.google.com/a/mhe-krg.org/rrku/home
For more information about the KRG Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research please see http://www.mhe-krg.org/