The Iraq Petroleum 2010 Conference, taking place in London at the Millennium Gloucester on 29 Nov-1 Dec 2010, will focus on Iraq’s upstream strategies to increase production and drive Iraq’s oil and gas industry, new ventures, bid rounds and corporate oil and gas players in the industry. These topics will be delivered by industry specialists, Ministers and Members of Parliament.
Most global oil companies have been moving ahead with a series of deals to unlock the vast Iraqi oil reserves; this could potentially boost Iraq’s oil capacity to levels of 12 million barrels per day from the current level of 2.5 million.
This year again, Iraq Petroleum 2010 features an impressive line-up of speakers that will debate issues focussing on the share of Iraq’s production in total world production and the relation with OPEC and OAPEC, the share of Iraq’s oil reserves in the world oil reserves, Iraq’s crude oil revenues, and its natural gas industry.
The programme speakers include:
- Rt. Lord Howell of Guildford, Minister of State, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, UK ;
- H.E. Thamir Ghadhban, Chairman of the Advisory Commission to the Iraqi Prime Minister & Former Oil Minister, Iraqi Prime Minister’s Office;
- Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Baghdad H.E. John Jenkins, HM Ambassador, British Embassy Baghdad;
- Dr Ali Al Dabbagh, Iraqi Government Spokesman, Iraq ;
- H.E. Ibrahim Baher Al Olom, Former Iraq Oil Minister;
- H.E. Peter Van Leeuwen, The Netherlands Ambassador to Iraq Nadhim Zahawi, MP, UK Parliament;
- Mounir Bouaziz, Vice President of Middle East & North Africa, Shell;
- Dr Mussab H. Al Dujayli, Former Director General of SOMO, Oil Advisor, Iraqi Ministry of Oil;
- Jabbar Allibi, Former D.G. of the South Oil Company & Chairman of the Board of Directors, The Minister’s Former Advisor for the South Oil Fields, Iraqi Ministry of Oil;
- Shiltagh Aboud , Governor of Basra; and,
- Dr Abdul Hadi Al Hassani, MP, Iraqi Parliament.
The Conference will include a one day legal workshop focusing on Iraq’s Oil Contracts – After Signature Tasks and Challenges. Delegates will understand how to form strategic business partnerships, manage legal aspects of the agreements and explore the critical aspects of a joint venture and the process of execution.