The Turkish Prime Minister and his delegation were greeted at the airport by President Barzani, Speaker of the Kurdistan Parliament Kamal Kirkuki, Prime Minister Barham Salih, and many other KRG officials.
Minister Falah Mustafa Bakir, the KRG’s Head of Foreign Relations, said, “With this historic visit, we are entering a new phase in our relations with Turkey. We are optimistic because it paves the way for greater cooperation between Turkey and the Kurdistan Region as well as all of Iraq.”
The ministers and officials who joined President Barzani and Prime Minister Erdoğan at the airport ceremony included:
- Speaker of the Kurdistan Parliament Dr Kamal Kirkuki
- Prime Minister Barham Salih
- Mr Kosrat Rasul Ali, Deputy Secretary General of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan
- Former Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani
- Minister of Peshmerga Affairs Jafar Mustafa Ali
- Minister for the Interior Karim Sinjari
- Head of the Security Protection Agency Masrour Barzani
- The President’s Chief of Staff Dr Fuad Hussein
- Minister of Natural Resources Ashti Hawrami
- Minister of Trade and Industry Sinan Chalabi
- Minister of Education Safeen Dizayee
- Higher Education Minister Dr Dlawer Ala’aldin
- Head of Foreign Relations Minister Falah Mustafa Bakir
- Chairman of the Investment Board Herish Muharam
- Governor of Erbil Nawzad Hadi
- Mr Falakaddin Kakaye, Head of the Kurdish-Turkish Friendship Association.
The ceremonies were also attended by many other regional and international officials and dignitaries.