Publication of this report was delayed for technical reasons, but we will publish future weekly updates every Friday.
The RSISX index ended the week at ID1,633 / $1,811, +1.9% (weekly change). The number of weekly traded shares was 3.0bn and the weekly trading volume was ID5.6bln ($4.6mn).
Note: Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) was closed from August 28th, 2011 (Sunday) to September 1st, 2011 (Thursday) due to the religious holiday, Eid-AlFitr.
Please click here to download a table of listed companies and their associated ticker codes.
Non Iraqis executed 321 transactions this week:
Buys – 280 transactions, ID1.0bn ($0.9mn) trading volume
Sells – 41 transactions, ID336mn ($287K) trading volume
Net purchases reached ID702mn ($600K), while their share in total trading volume was 12.3%.
- Fallujah Construction Materials(IFCM) will hold AGM on September 15, 2011 to discuss 2010 annual financial report, capital increase through rights issue and change the company name to “Fallujah for Production and Trading Construction Materials”. ISX will suspend trading of IFCM starting September 8, 2011.
- Dar Essalaam Insurance (NDSA) will resume trading on September 4, 2011. The company increased its capital from ID2.2bn to ID2.42bn through 10.0% bonus issue. The opening price will be ID4.23 per share with +/- 50% limit for the first session.
- Iraqi Land Transport (SILT) resumed trading on August 24, 2011.
- Dar Essalaam Investment Bank (BDSI) held AGM on August 23, 2011 to discuss 2010 annual financial report, and cash dividend ratio. BDSI will resume trading on September 4th, 2011. The Bank increased its capital from ID72bn to ID105.80bn through rights issue. The opening price will be ID4.71 per share with +/- 50% limit for the first session.
- Babylon Hotel (HBAY) suspended trading on August 22, 2011 due to AGM which will be held on August 29, 2011 to discuss 2010 annual financial report, 170% capital increase and cash dividend ratio.
- Kurdistan Bank (BKUI) will hold AGM on August 28, 2011 to discuss 2010 annual financial report, and capital increase through bonus and rights issues. ISX suspended trading of BKUI starting on August 21, 2011.
- Investment Bank of Iraq (BIBI) submitted the 2010 annual reports and 2011Q1 and will resume trading as soon as completing the capital increase procedures.
This market update was produced by the RS Research Team. Please go to our website for the full RS Weekly Bulletin in PDF www.rabeesecurities.com