the wait is finally over and we can 100% confirm the launch of the Walk for Iraq “Empowering the Widows of Mesopotamia” Charity Cruise Event.
We are celebrating our successful 23km walk that took place on 10th September 2011 by 53 dedicated, young individuals and this event is too help us all meet our target and raise as much money as possible for the widows of Iraq.
Details of the event:
- 19th November 2011
- Boat is static at Tower Bridge dock from 6pm
- Boat will dock at 7pm
- Boat will returns at 11pm
- Tickets are sold at £60/head with proceeds of ticket sales directly to charity (approximately 50%)
The night will consist of:
- 4 hour boat cruise on the River Thames across the major touristic hotspots, with a 360 turn at the Big Ben view
- Silver platter dinner – Arabic Halal food + 1 soft drink per person
- Prestigious auction of 5 luxurious items – all proceeds goes to charity
- Raffle prize draw with 10 prizes – all proceeds go to charity
- Professional photographer, with a booth to purchase personal professional reprints – all proceeds go to charity
- DJ and – Celebrity – presenter
- Short speech on – What happens to your donations
- Video clips of the 23km Walk for Iraq
- Free parking
Dress code: Red carpet themed: Suits and ball gowns (please do not worry the boat is completely indoors and you will not be effected by the weather).
If you would like to purchase tickets or would like more information on the event itself, please email all queries and bookings to [email protected] stating the following:
- Full name
- Email address
- Full postal address for tickets to be sent
N.B. for those who have already reserved your tickets, methods of payment will follow soon. Please be aware that ‘attending’ on facebook will not confirm your place.
We have only 230 places available and have invited over 700 people, with seats rapidly selling. You will need to pay in advance for your ticket and if you would like to sit with your family and friends, please specify the full name in your email OR book your tickets together. There will be tables of 10 or tables of 6. The boat as you can imagine is a long rectangle with the stage at the front of the boat therefore please be quick and reserve your seat as they will be filled up from front to back…
Once you have reserved your place you will be sent account details on how to pay and then a “welcome and thank you” note will be posted to your homes with your ticket, which you will have to bring with you on the night.
Furthermore, as we will expect to raise a lot of money through raffle tickets, reprint photo sales and auctioned items; card machines will be available on board to make sure you do not have to carry much cash with you or run out of money. 😉
P.S. I have been assured by the boat organisers that anyone who suffers from sea sickness will not be affected by this trip, so no excuses!
Once again thank you for the support you have showed to this event so far and remember this event has been decided by YOU so make sure you do not disappoint and get your tickets booked or you will truly miss out on the event of the year.
Looking forward to seeing you all there and as always please voice any questions or concerns via message or wall and we will be quick to reply.
The Walk For Iraq Team