Iraq’s National Investment Commission (NIC) announced on Monday the details of the new Kerbala Monorail, and invited interested parties to contact them:
- Length of the line (18 KM)
- Project Type (Monorail) – High Concrete mono rail of two ways known locally as Kerbala Monorail.
- Number of stations (20) the distance between each station and another (800- 1000M)
- In the first stage, the line shall connect the Visitors City – Baghdad road, Al- Bedaa railway station, Bab Baghdad area, Tweredg road, the university, Ibrahemiah and the Visitors’ road of Babylon Gate.
- The successive coming of the trains to the stations must take (1-2) Minutes
- Maximum train speed 90 km/hour
- Number of vehicles for each train (4-6)
- The electrical power is to be provided by the project generators only.
Willing investors can submit their technical, economic offers and the funding plans with filling up the investment application form available on NIC website and enclosing all documents required (mentioned in page No. 7 of the same application) and send it either directly to the NIC premises or to the email:
Notice: applications can be submitted within one month from the date of publishing this announcement.