Real Madrid to Open 4 Soccer Academies in Kurdistan

The Kurdistan Regional Government’s (KRG) Minister of Sports and Youth, Kawa Mahmoud, has announced that Spanish soccer club Real Madrid is to open four soccer schools in the region.

According to a report from AKnews, the opening of the schools has been seen by officials in Kurdistan Region as a significant project that will greatly raise standards of football in Kurdistan.

The schools will be opened in Erbil, Sulaimaniyah, Duhok and Kalar, each with capacity for 100 students.

Part of the contract signed between the KRG and Real Madrid involves the training of Kurdish referees, both in Kurdistan and in Spain.

The club currently has 62 soccer schools around the world and there are reequests from 136 countries worldwide to build more.

Daban Shadala, KRG representative to Spain said the KRG had also attempted to communicate with Barcelona, as well, to have them open soccer schools and academies in Kurdistan. “But we have not heard from them officially, yet.”

(Sources: AKnews, KRG)

Tags: , , , , ,

9 Responses to Real Madrid to Open 4 Soccer Academies in Kurdistan

1. bnar 3rd September 2012 at 14:26 #

hi I want ask about real madrid football team in kurdistan,
    i hawe nephew who is 8 years old, and he live in euroop all his life and now he is back in kurdistan erbil.
    he was goolkiper and good one in finland team,
    howe i can make contact to team.
    thx!!

2. Sudad 28th November 2012 at 11:58 #

Hi im Sudad
    Im 13 i live in Australia,Sydney and im Kurdish and i play soccer that is above my level in Australia and my favourite team is Real Madrid my talent is just maths and Sports it is just apart of me but the sport im best at is soccer. I just wanted to know how i can get to that stage and when the Academie will start because i have a very good feeling that i will make a change to Iraq’s/Kurdistan’s future in soccer im willing to travel from Sydney to Iraq to try out.
    Sincerely Sudad

3. Mustafa 27th January 2013 at 17:33 #

Hi

My name is Mustafa i live in sulaimaniyeah and i’m 16 years old im pro in soccer if i accepted can i go to spain ? to go to reall madrid thanks.

4. Dyari 6th May 2013 at 13:28 #

hello iam kurdish from arbil and a perfect player how can i join please
    pleease answer

5. hama 4th June 2013 at 00:39 #

hello iam from sulaimaniyah how can i join academy

6. Mazgin 17th June 2013 at 23:04 #

Hey my name is Mazgin and i live in Sweden. please give me a quick answer have they finished the academy in duhok? im 15 years old and i love to play football this is my chance!

7. karim 10th December 2013 at 14:52 #

hi
    Im karim my age is 13, I play football very im from Lebanon but Im living in erbil
    so please when the academy will open

8. shaeo 1st February 2014 at 12:37 #

Hi My Name Is Sharo Im Living In Sulaimaniyah Please When The Academy Will Open

9. ashor 1234 21st April 2014 at 09:51 #

helooo iam ashor iam from duhok iam a fantastic pleayer a 12 years old sow pleas when the acadeamy open