Iraq Business News is delighted to bring you the latest Iraq Market Tracker report from Dunia Frontier Consultants. The market tracker highlights the activities and market performance of a basket of publicly traded firms who derive a significant percentage of their revenues from operations in Iraq, but are traded on foreign exchanges: a proxy Iraq play as much as practicable. It also identifies and analyzes the primary political and security events that occur in country that have market-moving implications.
Click here to access the report.
DNO, Exxon Mobil, Genel Energy, Gulf Keystone, Total
- Fourth bidding round terms sweetened: Exxon, Total, and general IOC discontent starting to take effect.
- DNO returns to profit, expects oil output to rise: Few major catalysts in near term, though momentum could continue.
- Iraq opens SPM, boosting capacity: Iraq hits milestone, refocusing attention on next obstacles.
- White Iraqiya declares support at Interior: Signal we looked for. If confirmed, will show Maliki’s consolidating power.
- Arrest warrant for Salahaddin Council President: Reminder that arrest warrants for political opponents are acceptable tactics for Maliki.
Calendar Events Discussed:
- April – National Reconciliation Conference
- This month (?) – First vote on budget