Categorized | Investment

Video: Dealing in Dinar

According to Kansas-based NBC affiliate KSN, many servicemen and contractors have been persuaded to buy Iraqi dinars as an investment during their tours of duty in Iraq.

Please click here to see the full video report:

(Source: KSN)

24 Responses to “Video: Dealing in Dinar”

1. Edward Rodriguez says:

This report lacked in responsible journalism.The current rate of the Dinar is not determined currently by the levels of Sadaam Hussein. And prior to Sadaams ascention to power the IQD was worth even more than 3.5 to 1. The so called expert needs a history lesson. When the UN releases Iraq from Sanctions under chapter 7. The IQD will be traded internationally and there will be no problems cashing in your Dinar. Currently many US banks will buy IQD but they will not sell it. They know it will Re-value to a higher rate. The so-called expert is an idiot!He should have done more research on the Dinar and the comments from the Central Bank of Iraq.

2. Dan says:

Hello and thank you for your reporting on this.
    I would like to speak with the reporter or this Financial Planer that she had on the air if possible. (PLEASE)
    On or off my Radio Show, I am “SHOCKED” at the leave of ignorance displayed here buy a Financial adviser of all people.
    I am looking for a real debate any where any time, (I’ll even PAY HIM TO COME ON OUR SHOW, REALLY. $1000) this is unbelievable to me that people are this un-educated on this matter. I am so jaw on the ground over this public report!

I am not a get rich quick guy nor do I sell or profit from the dinar.
    That said,…you can buy it from MANY banks, sell it back to many Banks and or Traders, come on did any one do any research hear?
    Do you want the truth,…love to talk about this privately or other wise.

Thanks for your time, please take no negativity from my reply as I did type this with as much respect as I could muster.
    Have a great day!
    Dan

3. susie says:

But guys Dorothy is in Kansas. I agree, no research on this report.

4. Yuli says:

I will gladly accept the challenge of this idiot so called expert.
    My dealer buys them back all the time and he’s regulated by the US Treasury Department.
    And this is far from a get rich overnight investment , investors have been waiting for this for 7-8 years with no guarantee’s so anyone who says I made a profit on this overnight is just ignorant.
    The people dreaming of a $3+ revalue are just as ignorant as that will never happen either tho it can get there eventually.
    But a revalue of .30 to .50 to .86 cents is certainly very very possible.
    That so called expert had to be paid off by the news to say that BS
    Hes probably got dinars himself and just crossing fingers and following REAL IQD NEWS like any other person who’s into this investment.

5. Stew says:

So in the last day or so the CBI has announced they will start the redenomination of the dinar in Sept. They will reprint the entire currency. The sum of 1000 dinar will become 1 dinar.
    Yet you guys are focused on this???

6. Dan says:

Again who are you and where did you get this news you believe so quickly?
    You have part of the strory.
    Tell you what I’m not here to convince people,….keep your day job.

I do not have time for uneducated squander and babble!

Dan

7. Stew says:

So you wanted a debate… now you don’t want a debate. Typical guru behavior. Go back to hiding behind moderated dinar boards. It’s safe there… but probably not for long. Now that the governemt has agreed to the lop, they are going to make it clear as can be that 1000 current dinar will have to be turned in to get one new dinar. The gurus have been lying all along, either that or they were massively ignorant on the subject of currencies. I’m guessing both.

8. Edward says:

Stew,
    Again it is very evident that you have not been a student of what the CBI is saying in Arabic news articles. I will presume your not fluent in Arabic and niether am I. This is why you must read and study a host of translated articles, even the same article translated on different programs to arrive at an accurate conclusion. So far you are only parrotting part of the story. You are about 1 year behind the knowledge curve using my suggested approach to understanding this speculative investment.

9. Stew says:

So Edward… are you under the impression that the CBI has been announcing to the whole world that they will soon RV their currency 100,000%? That they have even come out in the last day or so and annouced a Sept date for the event?
    Is this what you believe?

10. Edward says:

Stew,
    I own Dinar and I’m not selling it. I own 3 zero notes ,2 zero notes, And electronic Dinar. I also am set up on the ISX and am ready to buy IPO communications stock when it’s offered.I guess that say’s enough what I believe.

11. Stew says:

Tell me what’s going to happen with the dinar Ed. What’s going to happen to your 3 zero, 2 zero, and electronic notes? The ISX stock? There have been probably 100 or so “delete 3 zero” articles now. Tell us what you think that means for your investment.

12. Edward says:

Stew,
    I invested in the IQD because I believed that the CBI would reduce the money supply. At this point even the average Iraqi understands that the 3 zero project is indeed going to reduce Iraq’s money supply. They (Iraqi’S)do debate that it will increase the purchasing power of the IQD, even though the CBI is assuring them that it will. So to explain the logic of the reduction of money supply and it’s effects. If our Fed/Treasury were to reduce the USD supply drastically and destroy permanantly all the physical or electronic notes that have been “printed” since the 2008 financial crisis. Where would that value go? economists and people with any common sense agree that the value would have to transfer into the USD that is still in circulation. Hence the USD would increase in purchasing power. This is basic money management 101. I believe the same effect will eventually happen with the IQD. Do I believe that the CBI will honor the IQD that I have 1 to 1 ? yes I do. The reason being that if they try to cheat or pay out any less than 1 to 1 after an R/V, the world will never trust the Iraqi government again. Is it a risk? sure it is, every investment is. However, if you don’t take risk you get no return. This is Nation building Stew, and patience is a virtue. Lose your fear, and take a risk.

13. Stew says:

If they are going to honor your dinar 1:1 then how does that reduce the money supply by one singe dinar?
    They currently have 30 trillion dinar and they claim they will reduce it to about 30 billion through a redenomination. That is a 99.9% reduction in currency. ALL of your currency will get redenominated. You will have to give 1000 old to get 1 new. That is how they will reduce the money supply. Standard lop procedure. Your bank acount will do the same thing. If you have a milion in there it will become a thousand. Your stocks will reverse split by a factor of 1000 also.

14. Edward says:

Stew,
    I kinda thought you were a lopper.I do hope that you have success on your crusade to save all of us stupid IQD speculative investors. I also hope you have personal success on the DOW ,your 401K or anything else. Have a good life.

15. Stew says:

So it’s back to the dinar forums for you Ed? Where no opinion other than big RV is allowed. Where the true facts don’t exist. Where facts are whatever the paid dinar pumper tells you.
    Good luck there.

16. Barry says:

Edward : “I invested in the IQD because I believed that the CBI would reduce the money supply. If our Fed/Treasury were to reduce the USD supply drastically and destroy permanantly all the physical or electronic notes that have been “printed” since the 2008 financial crisis. Where would that value go? economists and people with any common sense agree that the value would have to transfer into the USD that is still in circulation. Hence the USD would increase in purchasing power. This is basic money management 101.”

Yes it is and what you’ve just described IS a “lop” / redenomination. That’s why they exist and is the whole point of them – deflating a previously inflated & overprinted currency.

Edward : “Do I believe that the CBI will honor the IQD that I have 1 to 1 ? yes I do”

Wrong. Try reading this:-

And this:-

If Iraq changes up 1:1 then it isn’t reducing anything. It’ll just be printing 30tn new notes to replace 30tn old notes… All a 1:1 note swap does is change the pretty designs on the banknotes. And Iraq already did that in 2003 by removing pre-2003 Saddam’s face and printing NID’s that you hold now… That IS a 1:1 and it already happened 9 years ago before you even bought them…

Edward : “The reason being that if they try to cheat or pay out any less than 1 to 1 after an R/V, the world will never trust the Iraqi government again.”

This is rubbish pumper salesmen talk. Iraq have never promised ANYTHING to any foreign government other than to honour their *national debt*. The only thing Iraq have said is that they will redenominate. Like Turkey. Several times. Everything else including elaborate conspiracy theories are pure fantasy coming from the fantasies of salesmen. Setting a non 1:1 ratio isn’t cheating because the currency still maintains its value and no-one loses out (ie, 30bn Dinar’s in circulation at 1.17:1 vs 30tn Dinars at 1170:1). That’s been done dozens of times before. The only people who think it hasn’t are amateur first-time Dinar speculators attaching like limpets to buzzwords like “lop” and “RV” thrown around like confetti on salesmen forums without really understanding anything of the history of the Dinar or how currencies work against each other in the Forex market.

To those who think “this has never been done before, here’s a serious reality check”:-

17. Dan says:

Stew – Stop pecking at the key board and Man up,…you have no idea of what you speak. Stop hiding here where nobody noes who YOU are and come on out and play! How many times do I have to ask you?

I am a VERY public figure I hide behind nothing,..
    “I am not a guru” I have given more to the Dinar community than you made last year so stop squawking and take the challenge my friend, will keep it clean and easy for you.

Call me at 888-823-6367 my assistant will get me your information and will have a privet talk before we go live. Stew no this,..we will go live,…and you will be able to show without a doubt what you do, and don’t know about this currency investment!

Bring a friend if you like,…but Stew do your home work or it will show big time there is no BS here we deal in ALL FACTS!
    We are well put-together business men not dinar guru – jokers.

Come on Stew, it will be fun, they say steal sharpens steal. You sound like a smart guy,….lol
    Lets dance you and I, what do you say?

I’ll be waiting on your call. I do not have time to post here any more so do not expect another reply, if the readers here do not see a time for our call, that means Stew will then be known as CHICKEN STEW! LOL
    That said; Enough typing!

CheckMate!

18. Stew says:

Dan… I love how you say to bring facts. You haven’t brought one single fact to this discussion. Only challenges. What is your opinion? What do think is going on with the dinar? What do you think all these “redenominated and delete 3 zeros” articles are all about? What does the statement “the sum of 1000 dinar will become 1 dinar new” mean to you?
    When they say they will reduce money supply from about 30 trillion to 30 billion, what does that mean to you? When they say they will redenominate just as Turkey, Russia and 53 other countries have done… what does that meant to you?
    Bring something to the discussion and maybe I will consider calling.
    If you are such a public figure then you should have no problem stating who you are and what this show is you have.

19. Stew says:

LOL… good grief. This is Dan “Checkmate” Atkinson. A notorious dinar pumper with PTR.
    This is just too funny…
    Just last week Dan claimed this…
    Dan: Very good news. Have had a couple of calls myself. From the beginning we have tried to stay away for rates and dates. Especially myself. Tonight we are at that spot again. Wish it was more provable. Have had 3 very serious calls today. Telling us that this has already taken place. In country. Strong confirmations of the rate.

Here’s some other great info on the guy.

20. Stew says:

That was a miss type on my part… That RV claim by Dan was from last July, not last week. I think he make them on a weekly basis if you check enough.

21. Mel says:

Don’t waste your time with this people, they only like to be fed-up on a daily basis with dinar lies from their gurus (liars who create stories to sell dinars)

Of course… Oil,gold,natural gas, who’s gonna think that they will not R/V with a high rate? Before you say that, why don’t you get more information on the real iraq.

O no no !! Look what happened in kuwait ?? a total different story, if you do some reading you will knkow that is not the story you read on the forum or heard from the seller.

22. chuck says:

Fact, here is fact.. During the month of July 2012, the central bank of Iraq sold US dollars during an eighteen day period totally. The result of thoses auctions which are published daily by 7AM Eastern resulted in an influx in to the CBI of 5.088 trillion dinar. The CBI has gone on record that they are destroying dinar after confirming the authenticity. No RV can even begin to start until the dinar money supply is in line with other countries in the region. A reduction of the zeros will be made to the value of the dinar, not the face value of the bill. A dinar is currently worth around .00086/ US dollar. Lop the three zeros and the dinars value is .86. As political unrest continues in the region demand for dollars remains strong and the daily CBI Auction will continue to exchange dollars for dinar in large numbers…all to our advantage. This will result in a contraction of the dinar supply which can then support a RV. We need the HCL passed and implemented as well as the national electronic payment system established in concert with an RV to occur. We are not splitting the atom here people.

23. Stew says:

Maybe you should read the “Can’t fix stupid” article from Forbes posted on this site recently.
    Iraq has been buying back dinar for years now, not just recently. They have had a 70,80, 90 Trillion dinar budget for years now. That’s how many dinar they are putting into the system, so they have to buy back massive amounts to keep the money supply somewhat stable.

So you think they have announced that they will increase the value of these dinar by 100,000% in the near future… and yet they are finding banks/people willing to give up trillions of them every month at the current rate? Knowing that they will be worth 100,000% more in a few months? You really need to read that article.

24. Stew says:

Chuck. One more thing you might want to know, and maybe inform the pumper feeding you this line of crap.
    These currency auctions are almost entirely made up of electronic cash. Very little actual hard currency is being bought.
    So they effect the currency in circulation numbers very little.