Tenaris has established a service center in Basra as the next step in its commitment to the Iraqi oil and gas market’s development, which began with the supply of tubular goods following its reactivation. From the new service base, Tenaris will provide in-country technical support and service for customers who are using Tenaris technology, staffed by local employees.
“Tenaris is aiming to support the growth of Iraq with quality pipe for the oil and gas industry,” said Math Abdul Karim, Iraq Country Manager. “Our base is the first of its kind in Basra and will make delivery schedules more flexible while providing technical services.”
The following Tenaris technologies are available locally in Iraq:
- Casing and tubing with TenarisHydril premium connections
- Dopeless® technology: a dry, multifunctional coating that makes thread compounds obsolete
- Line pipe for onshore transportation applications.
On the service side Tenaris will create a tailored package to meet each customer’s needs, including the following options:
- Logistics of incoming tubular goods
- Technical support and field services
- Maintenance and inspection
- Delivery to rig site
- Short-term and long-term storage
The new center in Iraq is part of Tenaris’s global objective to provide integrated tubular solutions, which answer the needs of its customers in terms of managing risks, time and overall costs of exploring and producing oil and gas reserves.
Basra is home to 40% of Iraq’s oil reserves and some of its most important oilfields, which makes it an important region for oil and gas activities today.