Iraq Business News is delighted to bring you the latest Iraq Market Tracker report from Dunia Frontier Consultants. The market tracker highlights the activities and market performance of a basket of publicly traded firms who derive a significant percentage of their revenues from operations in Iraq, but are traded on foreign exchanges: a proxy Iraq play as much as practicable. It also identifies and analyzes the primary political and security events that occur in country that have market-moving implications.
Click here to access the report.
- Sadr threatens no-confidence within 15 days:Not likely to result in no confidence, but may result in movement on some issues.
- Exxon signs contract to drill 20 wells with IDC: Signals Exxon’s commitment to West Qurna 1, and tacit support at Ministry of Oil.
- Our take on 4th Round contracts: Auction will only be first test for viability of exploration under fixed payments.
- Qubad Talabani to return to Erbil: Most likely succession planning and sign of unity, but also signal to Baghdad?
- Tensions with Sadr in Baghdad, Basra: Look to Maliki’s relations with Sadrists as signal of how far he’s willing to push.
Calendar Events Discussed:
- May 23 – P5+1 Nuclear Talks in Baghdad
- May 30-31 – 4th Round Oil and Gas Auction
Click here to access the report, or to add your email address to Dunia’s mailing list to receive the Iraq Market Tracker via email.