Iraq Business News is delighted to bring you the latest Iraq Market Tracker report from Dunia Frontier Consultants. The market tracker highlights the activities and market performance of a basket of publicly traded firms who derive a significant percentage of their revenues from operations in Iraq, but are traded on foreign exchanges: a proxy Iraq play as much as practicable. It also identifies and analyzes the primary political and security events that occur in country that have market-moving implications.
Click here to access the report.
DNO, ExxonMobil, Shell
- Moves afoot as Maliki pushes back on rivals: Maliki shows once again why he maintains his position on top of Iraqi politics.
- Shell negotiates cut to Majnoon output target: As we expected, Exxon is not the only one to benefit from their Kurdish PSC move.
- DNO lifts reserve estimates: DNO’s adjustment – opportunity to revisit our Kurdish oil thesis.
- Move towards police supremacy continuing: One small potential step towards normalization of Iraq.
- Sadrist PDB asserting self in Basra: Potentially an indicator of SoL-Sadrist relations.
Calendar Events Discussed:
- May 23 – P5+1 Nuclear Talks in Baghdad
- May 30-31 – 4th Round Oil and Gas Auction
- June 15 – Parliament returns from 6 week break
Click here to access the report, or to add your email address to Dunia’s mailing list to receive the Iraq Market Tracker via email.