The Middle East Association (MEA) is pleased to inform you of the UKTI UK-Turkey Partnership for Opportunities in Iraq and Caspian Gas Forum, which are taking place at the Çırağan Kempinski Hotel in Istanbul during 3-5 July 2012.
Tickets are available for either event or both events together, and UK-based delegates can receive 20% discount if they book via UKTI Istanbul’s promotional code. Further details below.
On Tuesday 3rd July, UKTI will be putting on a Pre-Forum Masterclass: UK-Turkey: Partnering for Opportunities in Iraq.
This masterclass will uncover the latest developments in commercial partnerships in Iraq. It is important to understand the current political, cultural, and economic landscape in a country which is recovering from recent turmoil, and this masterclass will consider from political, business and strategic points of view an assessment of the likelihood that Iraq will reach its oil and gas production targets.
Speakers specially invited will explore the current estimated production targets, and what would be the likely global demand for Iraqi hydrocarbons, as well as key issues affecting companies currently operating in Iraq or considering entering the market, what new entrants should consider, and tax considerations.
After the event, there is a Networking Reception held at the Consulate in British Istanbul that will bring together 100+ key decision makers from British, Turkish and Iraqi Oil & Gas industries as well as from the Caspian region.
- Michael Howard, Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq
- Saad Sadollah, Commercial & Business Development Advisor, Ministry of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq
- Mehmet Sepil, President, Genel Energy
- Tony Hayward, CEO, Genel Energy
- Edward Oakden, Managing Director, Strategic Trade, UKTI’s Executive Team Member
- Jennifer Coolidge, Executive Director, CMX Caspian and Gulf Consultants
- Murat Yazici, Managing Partner, Yazici Law Offices
The event schedule is:
- 12:00 Registration and Light Lunch
- 13.15 Official Executive Briefing Welcome Address
- 13.30 Panel Discussion: Assessing the Latest Challenges and Opportunities of Doing Business and Creating Long Lasting Commercial Partnerships in Iraq
- 14.15 An Assessment of the Likelihood that Iraq Will Reach its Oil and Gas Production Targets
- 14.35 Specific Challenges for New Entrants to the Market
- 14.55 Special IOC Case Study
- 15.15 Networking & Refreshment Break
- 16.00 Panel Discussion: Assessing the Latest Challenges and Opportunities for IOC’s in Erbil
- 16.45 What Role Can Turkish Companies Play in Promoting Investments in the Kurdistan Region?
- 17.05 What are the Proposed Production Sharing Contracts and partnerships?
- 17.30 End of Workshop
- 18.00 Bus Transfer to Pera House, British Consulate-General (BCG), Istanbul
- 19.00 Networking Reception at Pera House, BCG, Istanbul, sponsored by UKTI
On Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th July, Gastech Specialist Events will host the Caspian Gas Forum.
Bringing together government officials, IOCs, NOCs, operators, EPC specialists, local contractors and regional experts, this event will explore the key areas which will require further commitment and investment, and the significant geopolitics between the major players in the region.
It will cover developments throughout the region, including those in Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Iraq, Iran, and Turkey (the gateway of Caspian gas to Europe), as well as surrounding countries influenced by the region. For more details, please visit the website:http://www.caspiangasforum.com/
Forum Highlights include:
- An overview of the geopolitics in the Caspian region: market entry and overcoming the risks of investment
- Developments in exploration and drilling: understanding the broader potential for gas beyond Shah Deniz
- The Southern Corridor: keeping the lights on in Europe
- Bringing Shah Deniz gas from the Caspian and Middle East to Europe
- Azerbaijan: open for business and a lynchpin for upstream developments
- The view from Northern Iraq: what are the challenges, where are the opportunities?
- An overview of the gas markets that are affected by the Caspian region
- Turkmenistan: what do investors really need to know?
- Turkey: the key player in the European gas market?
- How do the recent discoveries in the East Mediterranean affect Caspian gas supply in the medium and long term?
- Project updates from the Trans Caspian, Trans Adriatic, South Stream and White Stream Pipeline
- Kazakhstan: the development of the Kashagan oil and gas field
- The impact of Chinese high demand for energy on Caspian gas supply
- Iran: a potential game changer for the global gas market?
New Speakers Confirmed include:
- Reha Aykul Muratoğlu, Head of Transit Petroleum Pipelines Department, The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, Turkey
- Selami Incedalci, General Director of Petroleum Affairs, The Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, Turkey
- Orhan Duran, Chairman, PETFORM
- Philippe Hochart, Vice-President Caspian Iran, GDF Suez
Discounted rate for those registering through UKTI
Further details are on the attached. UK companies that are interested in registering for the event(s) will be able do so by using UKTI’s promotional code of UKTICASPGAS and contact Darya Manaenkova, [email protected] or +44 (0)203 615 2871 to ensure that they receive the preferential rate by quoting the reference above.
Overseeing UKTI’s participation in the event are Basak Toker (Tel: +90 212 334 64 69 / [email protected]) and Sibel Bilgin ([email protected]) in Istanbul. Please note that these are not MEA events; any enquiries should be directed towards UKTI.