- Karbala refinery, 140k bpd;
- Kirkuk refinery, 150k bpd;
- Maysan refinery, 150k bpd;
- Nasiriyah refinery, 300k bpd.
There is also the possibility of a fifth new refinery with a capacity of 150k bpd in Ninewa, but the front-end engineering and design (FEED) has not yet been completed for this.
Oil and Gas consultant, and former Director General of the South Oil Company, Jabbar A. H. Allibi, presented the following data for the new facilities:
- Maysan, 150,000: Designed by Shaw Group of US. Tender expected in June;
- Kirkuk, 150,000: Designed by Shaw Group;
- Nassiriyah, 300,000: Designed by Foster Wheeler of US;
- Karbala, 200,000: Agreement signed with Refinery of Karbala Corporation. Italy’s Saipem providing engineering services;
- Karbala, 140,000: France’s Technip awarded design contract in 2009, but no decision has been made by the Oil Ministry;
- Mosul, 150,000: Agreement signed with Egypt’s Citadel Capital;
- Dhi-Qar, 50,000: Feasibility studies by Oil Ministry;
- Kirkuk, 50,000: Feasibility studies by Oil Ministry;
- Maysan, 50,000: Feasibility Studies by Oil Ministry.
(Picture: Baiji Refinery)