The Chairman of Baghdad Investment Commission, Shaker al-Zamili [Shaker A Shabib] (pictured), has announced that five investment licences worth $515 million have been granted:
- a residential complex in Ghazaliya for employees of the Office of the Financial Supervision;
- a residential complex in Zafaraniya;
- a gynecological hospital in Cairo neighbourhood;
- a surgical hospital in Waziriya;
- a $100-million, five-star hotel in Kadhimiya city.
The two residential projects are valued at $370 million, while the hospitals have a combined value of $45 million.
(Sources: Aswat al-Iraq, AIN)