On 18-19 September 2012 in the City of London, a high-level Iraqi delegation of Ministers, Deputies, and senior decision-makers will get together with their counterparts from international banks and financial institutions to collaborate to rebuild Iraq’s financial sector.
Huge opportunities will be on offer for the financing of major infrastructure and energy projects. PPP mechanisms and privatisation schemes will be actively discussed with international partners, together with the provision of world-class financial technology for Iraq’s banking sector, and the development of the Iraqi insurance market.
Confirmed Speakers will include:
- Dr Rowsch N Shaways, Deputy Prime Minister;
- Dr Qusay Al-Suhail, First Deputy President of Parliament;
- Dr Rafi Al Essawi, Minister of Finance;
- Dr Sinan Al-Shabibi, Governor, Central Bank of Iraq;
- Dr Sami Al-Araji, Chairman, National Investment Commission;
- Dr Haydar Al-Abadi, Chairman, Parliamentary Finance Committee; and,
- Ms Hamdiyah Al Jaff, Chairman, Trade Bank of Iraq.
Further information can be found at www.iraqfinance.co.uk.