Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 12th September 2013).
Please click here to download a table of listed companies and their associated ticker codes.
The RSISX index ended the week at ID1,697 (-2.6%) / $1,829 (-2.3%) (weekly change). The number of week traded shares was 4.1bn and the weekly trading volume was ID7.0bn ($5.8mn).
ISX Company Announcements
- Iraqi Islamic Bank (BIIB) will hold its AGM* on Sept. 23, 2013 to discuss 2012 financial statements and increasing its capital from IQD152bn to IQD202bn through bonus and rights issues. ISX will suspend trading of BIIB starting on Sept. 16, 2013.
- Credit Bank of Iraq (BROI) will hold its AGM* on Oct. 1 to discuss 2012 financial statements and increasing its capital from IQD150bn to IQD250bn through bonus and rights issues.
- Elaf Islamic Bank (BELF) will hold its AGM* on Sept. 21, 2013 to discuss 2012 financial statements and increasing its capital from IQD152bn to IQD200bn through bonus and rights issues. ISX will suspend trading of BELF starting on Sept. 15, 2013.
- Iraqi Agricultural Products (AIRP) will hold its AGM* on Sept. 18, 2013 to discuss 2012 financial statements and pay 40% cash dividend (IQD0.40 per share). ISX suspended trading of AIRP starting on Sept. 11, 2013.
- Original shares of Dijlah&Furat Bank (BDFD) resumed trading on Sept. 11, after the decision to increase its capital from IQD100bn to IQD156bn through 6% bonus and 50% rights issues and pay 8% cash dividend (IQD0.08 per share). BDFD has not been trading since May 19,2011.
- Shares of Al-Mosul for Funfairs (SMOF) resumed trading on Sept. 11, 2013. The company has decided to distribute 100% cash dividend (IQD1.00 per share) in its AGM* (August 24, 2013).
- Shares of Iraqi Date Processing&Mark. (IIDP) and AL-Badia for General Trans (SBAG) resumed trading on Sept. 11, 2013 after they have met the disclosure requirements.
- Original shares of Modern Chemical Industries (IMCI) resumed trading on Sept. 10, 2013 after the decision to increase its capital from IQD90mn to IQD135mn through 50% bonus issue and pay a cash dividend of 25% (IQD0.25 per share).
- Modern Construction Mat. (IMCM) will hold its AGM* on Sept. 17, 2013 to discuss 2012 financial statements and approve decreasing the capital by the un-subscribed amount of IQD249,844,409, so that the capital will be IQD5.37bn. ISX suspended trading of IMCM starting from on Sept. 10, 2013.
- Iraq’s number two telecommunications operator Asiacell (TASC) has named Amer al-Sunna as chief executive, the company’s parent firm Ooredoo said in a statement on Monday. Sunna previously worked for Ooredoo’s units in Jordan and the Philippines before joining Asiacell as managing director in February. Al Sunna brings with him 20 years of telecom experience, while outgoing CEO Ahmed, who served in his position for almost six years, will remain with Asiacell as chief advisor to the chairman. Asiacell listed on the Iraqi bourse in February following a $1.27bn share sale. Ooredoo, which owns a 64% stake in Asiacell, changed its name from Qatar Telecom earlier this year. (Reuters, Comm)New shares of Dar Al-Salam for Insurance (NDSA) from the capital increase to IQD2.9bn through 19.83% bonus issue resumed trading on Sept. 8, 2013.