Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 16th January 2014).
Please click here to download a table of listed companies and their associated ticker codes.
The RSISX index ended the week at ID1,889 (+1.9%)/ $2,005 (+1.8%) (weekly change). The number of week traded shares was 4.3bn and the weekly trading volume was ID6.3bn ($5.1mn).
ISX Company Announcements
- Mosul Bank’s (BMFI) 2013 year-end (unaudited) financial results: B/S – FY13 (Assets: IQD561bn, +6% q/q (+19% y/y), Monetary Credit: IQD154bn, -8% q/q (-24% y/y), Deposits: IQD269bn, +3 q/q (+11% y/y), BV: IQD261bn, +4% q/q (+17% y/y), P&L (annual) – FY13 (Estimated NBI: IQD53.4bn, +111% y/y, Operating Profit: IQD47.2bn, +131% y/y, Profit Before Tax: IQD45.5bn, +138% y/y). P&L (Quarterly) – 4Q13 (Estimated NBI: IQD20.2bn, +216% q/q (+111% y/y), Operating Profit: IQD18.2bn, +260% q/q (+121% y/y), Profit Before Tax: IQD17.6bn, +269% q/q (+126% y/y).
- Al-Ahlyia for Agricultural Production (AAHP) will hold its AGM* on Feb. 5, 2014 to discuss electing new board members.
- Gulf Insurance&Reinsurance (NGIR) will hold its AGM* on Jan. 28, 2014 to discuss and approve 2012 annual financial results.
- Original shares of Iraqi Agricultural Prod. Mark. Meat (AIPM) will resume trading on Jan. 20, 2014 after the decision to increase its capital from IQD4.125bn to IQD4.500bn through 9.1% bonus issue. The opening price will be IQD7.70 per share with +/- 50% limit for the first session.
- Original shares of Iraqi Islamic Bank (BIIB) will resume trading on Jan. 19, 2014 after the decision to increase its capital from IQD202bn to IQD250bn through 23.8% rights issue. The opening price will be IQD1.23 per share with +/- 50% limit for the first session.
- Iraqi for Seed Production (AISP) had called for the shareholders to receive the approved cash dividend of 2012 which represents 39% of their IQD4.0bn capital (IQD0.39 dividend/share).
- Babylon Hotel (HBAY) resumed trading on Jan. 16, 2014 after the approval of 2012 annual financial results in its AGM*. The company postponed its plan to distribute dividend and increase the capital through 170% rights issue.
- AL-Badia for General Trans (SBAG) will hold its AGM* on Jan. 23, 2014 to discuss 2012 annual financial results and increase its capital from IQD2.0bn to IQD2.2bn through 10% bonus issue.
- Ishtar Hotels (HISH) will hold its AGM* on Jan. 21, 2014 to discuss and approve the financial results for 2012, the amount that will be deducted from the accumulated deficits by using 2012 profits, increasing its capital from IQD1.5bn to IQD2.25bn through 50% bonus issue and election of the new board.ISX suspended trading of HISH starting on Jan. 15,2014.
- Original shares of Commercial Bank of Iraq (BCOI) resumed trading on Jan. 14, 2014 after the AGM approved the capital increase from IQD150bn to IQD250bn through 14.2857% bonus and 52.3810% rights issues.
- The Light Industries (ITLI) resumed trading on Jan. 12, 2014 after meeting the disclosure requirements for 2012 financial results.
- Al-Ahlyia for Agricultural Production (AAHP) was transferred from non-regular market to regular market due to its trading performance in the last year.