By John Lee.
Oryx Petroleum Corporation has announced an update regarding production, sales and development activities for the Hawler license area in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (“KRI”).
- Gross (100%) oil production:
- – December 2014 average of 3,900 bbl/d with a daily peak of approximately 8,500 bbl
- – January 2015 average of 3,100 bbl/d with a daily peak of approximately 9,800 bbl
- – Production levels constrained by market access
- Sales to the local market have been achieved with periodic interruptions since late December 2014; additionally, trial truck deliveries to the KRI-Turkey pipeline were completed in late December 2014
- Wells currently tied into the Hawler production facilities represent wellhead production capacity of 15,000 bbl/d with tie-ins of other successfully tested wells expected to increase wellhead production capacity to 25,000 bbl/d by early Q2 2015
- Appraisal / Development well testing:
- – Demir Dagh-10 (“DD-10”) well: a completion test successfully flowed oil from the Cretaceous reservoir at a sustained rate of 6,500 bbl/d for two hours following a successful multi-rate drill stem test over a period of 21 hours
- – Demir Dagh-9 (“DD-9”) well: the DD-9 well met its primary objective of obtaining reservoir data critical to delineating the field but did not achieve sustained flow rates of oil during tests in the Cretaceous reservoir
- – Demir Dagh-11 (“DD-11”) well: data important to delineating the field was obtained but a sustained flow of oil was not achieved during a test in the Cretaceous reservoir; water entered the reservoir during the test indicating a problem with the cementing in the well; Oryx Petroleum intends to drill a short sidetrack for the DD-11 well with the expectation that the well will be a producer
- Construction of the Hawler Early Production Facility and works to directly tie into the KRI–Turkey pipeline continue with completion of both expected in the first half of 2015