U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported.
Officials reported details of the latest strikes, noting that assessments of results are based on initial reports.
Airstrikes in Syria
Attack, bomber, fighter and fighter-attack aircraft conducted 12 airstrikes in Syria:
- Near Abu Kamal, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL front end loader and an ISIL bridge.
- Near Hasakah, five airstrikes struck one large and two small ISIL tactical units and destroyed eight ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL vehicle.
- Near Aleppo, three airstrikes struck an ISIL staging facility and destroyed four ISIL fighting positions, two ISIL trench lines and an ISIL bunker.
- Near Kobani, two airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed seven ISIL fighting positions and an ISIL motorcycle.
Airstrikes in Iraq
Attack, bomber, fighter, fighter-attack and remotely piloted aircraft conducted 12 airstrikes in Iraq, coordinated with the government of Iraq:
- Near Baghdadi, one airstrike destroyed five ISIL rocket rails.
- Near Beiji, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL weapons cache.
- Near Haditha, two airstrikes destroyed two ISIL mortar systems, an ISIL building and an ISIL vehicle.
- Near Kirkuk, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL vehicle.
- Near Makhmur, one airstrike struck an ISIL mortar firing position.
- Near Mosul, two airstrikes struck an ISIL mortar firing position and destroyed 19 ISIL bunkers.
- Near Ramadi, two airstrikes struck a large ISIL tactical unit and destroyed three ISIL buildings, two ISIL vehicles and an ISIL recoilless rifle.
- Near Sinjar, one airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL heavy machine gun, an ISIL light machine gun and an ISIL vehicle.
- Near Tal Afar, one airstrike struck an ISIL heavy machine gun firing position.
Part of Operation Inherent Resolve
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, the region, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the terrorist group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations, officials said.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Iraq include the United States, Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the United States, Bahrain, Canada, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
(Source: US Dept of Defense)