U.S. and coalition military forces have continued to attack Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant terrorists in Syria and Iraq, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported on Tuesday.
Officials reported details of the latest strikes, noting that assessments of results are based on initial reports.
Strikes in Syria
Fighter, bomber, and remotely piloted aircraft conducted seven strikes in Syria:
- Near Hasakah, three strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed six ISIL fighting positions.
- Near Mar’a, two strikes struck two separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed an ISIL structure.
- Near Dayr Az Zawr, two strikes struck an ISIL oil pump and destroyed two ISIL front end loaders, three ISIL cranes, and an ISIL pump truck.
Strikes in Iraq
Using bomber, fighter, attack, remotely piloted aircraft and rocket artillery, coalition military forces conducted 15 strikes against ISIL targets, coordinated with and in support of the government of Iraq:
- Near Huwayjah, one strike destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
- Near Albu Hayat, one strike struck a large ISIL tactical unit.
- Near Beiji, one strike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL artillery piece.
- Near Habbaniyah, one strike suppressed two ISIL fighting positions.
- Near Kisik, one strike suppressed an ISIL rocket position.
- Near Mosul, three strikes struck an ISIL vehicle-borne bomb-making facility, an ISIL roadside bomb-making facility, and an ISIL weapons cache.
- Near Sinjar, four strikes struck three separate ISIL tactical units and destroyed three ISIL staging areas, two ISIL headquarters, two ISIL weapons caches, and one ISIL tunnel system.
- Near Ramadi, three strikes destroyed two ISIL buildings, two ISIL command and control nodes, an ISIL vehicle-borne bomb storage area, damaged an ISIL building, and denied ISIL access to terrain.
Part of Operation Inherent Resolve
The strikes were conducted as part of Operation Inherent Resolve, the operation to eliminate the ISIL terrorist group and the threat they pose to Iraq, Syria, and the wider international community.
The destruction of ISIL targets in Syria and Iraq further limits the group’s ability to project terror and conduct operations.
Coalition nations conducting strikes in Iraq include the United States, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Coalition nations conducting strikes in Syria include the United States, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, France, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates.
(Source: US Dept of Defense)