By John Lee.
The US State Department has approved a possible Foreign Military Sale of F-16 weapons, munitions, equipment, and logistics support to Iraq.
The estimated cost is $1.950 billion.
The Government of Iraq requested a possible sale of additional weapons, munitions, equipment, and logistics support for its F-16 aircraft.
Major Defense Equipment (MDE) includes:
- Twenty (20) each Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
- Twenty-four (24) each AIM-9M Sidewinder missile
- One hundred and fifty (150) each AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick missile
- Fourteen thousand one hundred and twenty (14,120) each 500-lb General Purpose (GP) bomb
body/warhead for use either as unguided or guided bombs. Depending on asset availability
during case execution, total quantity of 14,120 each 500-lb warheads will comprise a mix of
MK-82 500-lb warheads and/or BLU-111 500-lb warheads from stock and/or new contract
- Two thousand four hundred (2,400) each 2,000-lb GP bomb body/warheads for use either as
unguided or guided bombs. Depending on asset availability during case execution, total
quantity of 2,400 each 2,000-lb warheads will comprise a mix of MK-84 2,000-lb warheads
and/or BLU-117 2,000-lb warheads from stock and/or new contract procurement.
Eight thousand (8,000) each Laser Guided Bomb (LGB) Paveway II tail kits. Will be combined
with 500-lb warheads in the above entry for MK-82 and/or BLU-111 to build GBU-12 guided
- Two hundred and fifty (250) each LGB Paveway II tail kits. Will be combined with 2,000-lb
warheads in the above entry for MK-82 and/or BLU-117 to build GBU-10 guided bombs.
One hundred and fifty (150) each LGB Paveway III tail kits. Will be combined with 2,000-lb
warheads in the above entry for MK-82 and/or BLU-117 to build GBU-24 guided bombs.
- Eight thousand, five hundred (8,500) each FMU-152 fuzes. Will be used in conjunction with the
LGB tail kits and warheads in the above entries to build GBU All Up Rounds (AUR’s).
Includes provisioning for spare FMU-152 fuze units (MDE).
- Four (4) each WGU-43CD2/B Guidance Control Units
- One (1) each M61 Vulcan Rotary 20mm cannon
- Six (6) each MK-82 inert bomb
- Four (4) each MK-84 inert bomb
Also included are items of significant military equipment (SME), spare and repair parts, publications, technical documents, weapons components, support equipment, personnel training, training equipment, Aviation Training, Contract Engineering Services, U.S. Government and contractor logistics, engineering, and technical support services, as well as other related elements of logistics and program support.