Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 24th Mar 2016).
The RSISX index ended the week at IQD869 (-2.4%) / $881 (-2.4%) (weekly change) (-20.3% and -23.1% YTD change, respectively). The number of week traded shares was 17.0bn and the weekly trading volume was IQD12.9bn ($10.1mn).
ISX Company Announcements
- Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) will hold its AGM* on Apr. 7, 2016 to discuss and approve merging with Ynabee’ Al Zawraa for General Trading, Construction, Real Estate Investment, and Mineral Water, Soft Drink and Juices Filling Company, Ltd. The feasibility study of this merger plan will be published soon. ISX will suspend the trading of IBSD starting on Apr. 3.
- Al-Zawraa for Financial Investment (VZAF) will hold its AGM* on Apr. 10, 2016 to elect a new Board of Directors from five members.
- According to ISX announcement, Al-Mazar for General Trading and Investment Company purchased 1.7bn shares of Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) on Mar. 22, 2016 and purchased 1.5bn shares on Mar. 23, 2016 which represent 2.5% of IBSD capital in total.
- According to ISX announcement, HSBC ASIA HOLDINGS B.V. completed the selling of 13.2bn shares of Dar Es Salam Investment Bank (BDSI) on Mar. 22, 2016 which represents 8.8% of BDSI capital.
- New shares of Motaman Money Transfer (MTMT) from the capital increase to IQD100bn through 567% rights issue resumed trading on Mar. 23, 2016.
- New shares of Al-Manafaa for Money Transfer (MTMA) from the capital increase to IQD45bn through 80% rights issue resumed trading on Mar. 23, 2016.
- New shares of Mouta for Remittance (MTMO) from the capital increase to IQD45bn through 80% rights issue resumed trading on Mar. 23, 2016.
- Mosul Bank (BMFI) will be suspended from trading starting from Mar. 27, 2016 if the bank fails to explain why the prices have touched the lower limit in the last trading sessions (Mar. 23-24, 2016).