We are planning the following major developments to the Ark in the coming 18-24 months:
- Cover social entrepreneurship projects (voluntary projects).
- Introduce a highly innovative crowd funding scheme to provide loans on easy terms to the startups.
- Made-in-Iraq eCommerce to support electronic trading of all products and services from the Ark’s Startups as well as any Iraqi owned entity including state owned factories, and including handy crafts and cottage industries’ products.
- Create specialist incubators focused on single industries or groups of entrepreneurs, examples; Iraqi Marshes projects, Prosthetics for disabled projects, 3D printed buildings, Agricultural and farming projects, mining industry, Iraqi tourism, etc. A female only incubator is also planned for 2017.
- Stretch Crowdsourcing to its ultimate limit of engaging Iraqis living in Iraq with those in the diaspora in professional groupings (musicians, poets, teachers, footballers, scientists, journalists, … etc).
Who Should Come Aboard?
Noah’s Ark can be joined by graduates, entrepreneurs, inventors, businesspersons, job seekers, scientists, professionals, investors, those capable of mentoring young people, and retired professionals are also encouraged to join. We also target Iraqi owned businesses and companies. Likewise all NGOs connected with Iraq.
Why Noah’s Ark?
RiTS, the Iraqi company whose motto “where vision meets innovation”, arrived at The Noah’s Ark initiative following a long journey going back to 2006 when we tried to establish a technology park for startups with one of Baghdad’s major universities. In 2016 we experimented by establishing a physical incubator in association with AlMansour University College and a Linked in group by the name “Iraqi Crowdsourcing Group”.
The experiences gained together with dialogues made with nearly all entities connected with entrepreneurship across Iraq and beyond, led to the birth of the Noah’s Ark concept. It uniquely combines incubation of entrepreneurs within Iraq with professional technologists, scientists, mentors and investors, especially from the Iraqi diaspora to participate in the activity of helping to establish successful well planned and operated startup businesses.
Noah’s Ark is rich with spin off advantages for all participants as well as the Iraqi economy. It is the home for all those who wish to improve the Iraqi economy through developing thriving startup businesses that make a living from solving Iraqi problems.
We are pleased to report Noah’s Ark had a good reception since its launch. A total of over 75,000 visitors have accessed the platform, averaging around 1000 visitors per day. Over 20% of membership are entrepreneurs and we already have 6 registered investors on board.
Anyone interested in helping or encouraging Iraqi entrepreneurship are welcome on the Ark’s deck to participate in the activities and to meet Iraq’s future business leaders.