Baroness Nicholson of Winterbourne, President of the Iraq Britain Business Council (IBBC) and UK Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy for Iraq, led a delegation of 25 IBBC member company representatives on a Trade Mission to Baghdad organised by IBBC Managing Director, Mr Christophe Michels and IBBC Co-Chairman and Iraq Representative, Mr Rasmi Al-Jabri.
Delegates included representatives from Penspen Ltd, Kuwait Energy, Serco, Wood, Ratba’a Contracting Co., Management Partners, Gulftainer, HWH & Associates, Al-Burhan Group, CCC, Dar Group, Restrata, Rolls Royce and new member XReach Ltd.
The delegation met with a number of ministers and high ranking officials to discuss future policies and opportunities for growth as well as focusing on business opportunities for IBBC member companies.
They also discussed the upcoming IBBC Autumn Conference in Dubai to be held on 12 November which will be attended by a powerful Iraqi Government delegation led by the Minister of Electricity. To register, please follow the link: http://www.webuildiraq.org/ibbc-conference/autumn-conference/
During the visit, delegates had meetings with:
- Mr Qasim Al-Fahdawi, Minister of Electricity
- Mr Abdul Kariem Al Faisal, Chairman of the PM’s Advisory Committee
- Dr Mahdi Al Alak, Secretary General of the Council of Ministers
- Dr Ann Nafi Aussi Balbool, Minister of Housing, Construction and Public Municipalities
- Mr Dara Rasheed, Deputy Minister of Housing, Construction and Public Municipalities
- Mr Istabrak al Shouk, Deputy Minister of Housing, Construction and Public Municipalities
- Mr Imran Abass, Deputy Minister of Transport
- H.E. Mr Fayyad Naama Deputy Minister for refining operations, Ministry of Oil
The above meetings were joined by a number of Director Generals heading up the different departments in the various ministries.
On Sunday 29 October, IBBC Member Al Burhan Group, generously invited delegates for dinner at the Al Burhan Centre near the Baghdad International Airport.
The delegation was also invited for a Dinner at the British Embassy in Baghdad on Monday 30 October, where members delegates met with Representatives of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Department for International Trade, the World Bank, the EU and the Prime Ministers Advisory Council.