The Cabinet held its weekly regular meeting in Baghdad on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Haider Al-Abadi.
At the meeting, it was decided to:
- direct the Ministry of Water Resources to deliver water for Basra province to a rate of 75 m3 / s and remove unauthorised structures on the rivers;
- direct the Ministry of Water Resources to follow-up on the chlorine ratio in the water of Basra and other provinces;
- launch the Basra sewage waste management project, which has been suspended since 2015;
- grant an investment license for the construction of the Kirkuk oil refinery;
- vote on the implementation of a response to the demands of the demonstrators in Karbala, Basra, Dhi Qar, and Najaf;
- allocate a residential plot for young athletes who win the gold, silver or bronze medals at international sporting championships.
(Source: Iraqi Govt)