Posted on 25 May 2011.
The Middle East Association has this message for UK businesses looking for growth opportunities:
Dear Members and Friends,
The MEA, in partnership with UK Trade & Investment, Invest Northern Ireland and the Kurdistan Regional Government, will be leading a Trade Delegation to Iraqi Kurdistan from 23rd to 28th October to coincide with the seventh Erbil International Trade Fair, Iraq’s largest general trade exhibition. Mission Participants will have the opportunity to exhibit at the Fair’s British Pavilion, as well as to meet government ministers, senior business leaders, and the local Chambers of Commerce.
The stable security situation in Kurdistan has lent itself to business prosperity. Economically, the region is moving rapidly ahead of the rest of Iraq, although the UK is a late entrant to this market and currently trails behind its EU competitors.
- There are excellent opportunities in Construction & Infrastructure, Engineering, Agriculture, Healthcare, Technology, Telecommunications, Power, Oil & Gas, Environment & Water, Financial & Legal Services, and Education & Training.
- Over 50 British companies are already registered in Iraqi Kurdistan.
- British-Kurdish relations are strong, and British business is welcomed and encouraged for the high quality of its skills, expertise, and products.
Last year’s UK delegation to the Erbil International Trade Fair was led by the MEA, in parallel with a delegation led by former UKTI CEO Sir Andrew Cahn, and comprised 53 delegates representing 35 companies. During the Mission, both the KRG President and Prime Minister visited the UKTI stand and spoke to exhibitors. There will be a UK VVIP delegation again this year. In light of last year’s success and Kurdistan’s increasing importance, we anticipate an even larger delegation for this year’s Fair, which will attract:
- 850 Exhibitors and 75,000 visitors
- Representation from 25 countries
- Support from a large number of trade promotion agencies, chambers of commerce, associations, ministries and embassies.
Exhibition space at the Erbil International Fair is finite, so we advise you to register your interest early. The cost of a stand at the Fair will be $3400 (currently about £2100). More information about the fair can be found here:http://www.eif-expo.com/.
For further details about joining the Mission and/or taking a stand for your company at the International Trade Fair please contact the Mission Manager, Lyndsay Snowden (email: email@example.com; full contact details on flyer attached).
For advice on the Iraqi Kurdistan market and its possibilities, please contact David Lloyd, Senior Consultant at the MEA and Mission Leader (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Vian Rahman at the KRG’s UK Representation (email@example.com).
Warm regards, Chris
The Middle East Association