Tag Archives | OMV

OMV Pockets $107m from KRG Settlement

By John Lee. Austria’s OMV has said its third-quarter clean operating result “was positively impacted” by about 90 million euro ($107 million) following a settlement over a dispute relating to the Khor Mor and Chemchemal fields in Iraqi Kurdistan. On August 30, 2017, the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and Dana Gas , Crescent Petroleum and […]

Dana Gas Shares Rise on $2bn Iraq Judgement

By John Lee. Dana Gas has announced that the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) has ordered the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) to pay $1.98 billion to a consortium that it leads. In a statement to the Abu Dhabi stock exchange, the Sharjah-based company claims that the judgement is final, binding and internationally enforceable, and […]

Court Orders KRG Pay Dana Gas $100m

The UK’s High Court has ordered the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) to pay a consortium led by Dana Gas $100 million within 14 days. In a statement, the KRG’s Ministry of Natural Resources said: “The Court’s decision does not relate to the substantive merits of the claims and counterclaims in the on-going arbitration between the […]

Genel Energy Confirms Bina Bawi Acquisition

By John Lee. Genel Energy has announced that it signed a definitive sale and purchase agreement with OMV to acquire its 36% operated stake in the Bina Bawi field. Completion of the acquisition is subject only to government approval, which is expected shortly. The consideration comprises an upfront payment of $5 million. A contingent payment […]

Dana Remains Committed to Iraq, Despite Claim

By John Lee. Sharjah-based Dana Gas and its consortium partners, Crescent Petroleum and Pearl Petroleum, is pursuing $100 million (117 billion Iraqi dinars) in payments from the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG). In a statement to the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX), the company said: “The LCIA [London Court of International Arbitration] Tribunal recently ordered the […]

Genel Energy Strikes New Deals in KRI

Genel Energy has announced that it has reached an agreement with the Ministry of Natural Resources (“MNR”) of the Kurdistan Regional Government (“KRG”) for the development of the Miran and Bina Bawi gas fields. In addition, Genel has agreed key terms with OMV to acquire its 36% operated stake in the Bina Bawi gas field. […]

OMV Shifts Focus to Iraq Exploration

By John Lee. Austrian oil and gas company OMV has said that second-quarter profit dropped 29 percent as production fell in Libya and its gas-trading unit lost money, according to Bloomberg. Chief Executive Officer Gerhard Roiss (pictured) is shifting OMV’s focus to exploration and production, including in Iraqi Kurdistan, while selling assets like gas stations […]

Update on Bina Bawi Oilfield

By John Lee. Austria’s OMV, the operator of the Bina Bawi field in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq, has today issued the following press release: An extended well test (“EWT”) commenced production from the Bina Bawi-3 well on March 20, 2013. Furthermore the contractor group has submitted a Declaration of Commerciality for the field to […]

OMV Comments on Kurdistan Operations

By John Lee. In its third quarter results, Austria energy company OMV had the following comments on its operations in Iraqi Kurdistan: Clean EBIT increased by 28% to EUR 617 million, mainly due to higher sales volumes in Libya and favorable FX effects which more than offset the lower oil price and higher exploration expenses […]

OMV to Hand Back Blocks to KRG

By John Lee. According to Iraq Oil Report, Austria’s OMV will hand back two exploration blocks to the Kurdistan Regional Government. In its latest trading statement, OMV said it had written off exploration expenses at the “unsuccessful wells and exploration licenses” relating to the Mala Omar and Shorish blocks. The company has failed to find […]

Chevron “Buying 2 Kurdistan Blocks from Reliance”

By John Lee. Two oil executives in the Kurdistan Region have told Reuters that Chevron is purchasing 80 percent of the Sarta and Rovi blocks from India’s Reliance Industries. Austria’s OMV holds the other 20 percent interest in Sarta/Rovi. Chevron reportedly declined to comment on Wednesday, saying that it continued to be interested in pursuing […]