Report warns of Possible Collapse in value of Iraqi Dinar

By John Lee.

An Iraqi government white paper has warned of a possible collapse in the value of the Iraqi dinar.

According to Farhad Alaaldin, writing for Rudaw, the recently-approved white paper refers on page 37 to the danger of using the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) as a source of financing, saying that the authors believe it "will lead to severe pressure on the CBI's reserves and the resulting unsustainable future consequences."

He adds that this view was further confirmed by the group of experts writing the White Paper on page 42, who state that:

"Indirect monetary financing by the CBI is the only remaining source... The need for this reserve to finance imports of goods and services means its will drop dangerously to low levels within nine months, which will ultimately lead to a real crisis in value of the Iraqi dinar, accompanied by the possibility of a collapse in its value."

More here.

(Source: Rudaw)

See also:

13 Responses to Report warns of Possible Collapse in value of Iraqi Dinar

1. James Mills 17th October 2020 at 10:57 #

It is time to stop all the BS and pay the Iraqi People. It is time all of Iraq flourished in the prosperity.
    Increase the value of the IQD and watch so much happen so long due for all Iraqis.

2. Brains of the outfit 17th October 2020 at 12:42 #

Oh dear another dreamer with stacks of useless paper notes under their bed hoping for the miracle re valuation that’s been hoped for over 20 years... ah bless..dream on dreamers never going to happen face reality your not going to be millionaires...especially off the back of the poor Iraq’s who have been through too much.

3. Bon 17th October 2020 at 15:01 #

What I see is one with the cup half full, and the other with the cup half empty. Neither know the outcome, however I would stand by the half full all day. You only gamble what you can afford to lose. ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)ᕗ

4. Barbara Burns 17th October 2020 at 15:46 #

Is this one of malikis men trying to throw a monkey wrench.Maliki has stolen billions of American tax payers money. He doesnt want prosperity for the iraqi people.
    It would appear he is behind this type of propaganda.
    Will he & iran allow the people to prosper?

5. JustJustin1978 17th October 2020 at 16:50 #

Brains of the outfit you're extremely uneducated.... It has to happen eventually for the country to become stable. The white papers and reforms cannot go forward without the revalue. I'm sorry you're too ignorant to understand basic economics lol.. do you believe in God? Probably not because most of you people are heathens, but Kim Clement many years ago said that there was going to be a break in the financial system with the Iraqi dinar and in Southeast Asia the Vietnam dong.... Kim Clement has NEVER been wrong, PERIOD! He also said Trump was going to be a trumpet, they would say impeach impeach, but nay, and he said he was a two-term president guaranteed! So with that being said you probably should have some under you bed or you going to eat some big Crow.... I'll say a prayer for you....

6. Brains of the outfit 17th October 2020 at 21:16 #

I’m definitely not uneducated as you will see in another ten years you’ll all be sitting there tired of waiting and believe me all these rumours are the same rumours that started all this many years ago.All that’s changed is the people behind it all,believe me I also had dreams.
    I cannot believe all the rumours are being rehashed but it’s funny.
    I invested many years ago but made reasonable small profits as I knew this definitely wasn’t a millionaire maker.
    I use to purchase 1 million dinar for around £140-£150 I sold millions a couple years after for £475-£550 a million I then sold a few millions for £1,250 to £1,600.
    Recently my last few where sold on eBay £800 for 500,000 dinar so sold my final 5 million that I forgot about in a cupboard in the garage for years I sold at £1,600 for a million dinar.I did very well ended up with a load 50 dinar notes that I sold to a collector for pennies.
    Now let’s see who’s the uneducated one.
    Good luck,I mean it ,but don’t invest in any more.
    Shares at the moment are very cheap take a gamble on them they are definitely worth the risk.

7. Remigio Ruda 17th October 2020 at 21:22 #

Who knows one day iraq is going to prosper ..they are a nation with second to the biggest oil reserve in the world ... they have to revalue their money to go in to contract ...they cannot stay always like this ..they have to move and improved their way of living ...

8. JustJustin1978 17th October 2020 at 21:31 #

Ok please explain to me how kuwait was able to revalue after desert storm 1990-91? Listen I like you have obviously been in this a very long time and yes it hasn't happened, but that's because of pure corruption in the country. My statement still stands you cannot go through with the white papers and reforms without a internationally recognized currency. Fascinating fact, did you know that we have 35 billion USD of IQD in our reserve here in the good old USA? Our country promised the citizens that we wouldn't pay a dime for the war in the middle East. It's time to collect and the business man is the one to do it. It's a wrap and they can drag this out as long as possible, but a revalue is inevitable. Best wishes to you as well my friend.

9. Brains of the outfit 17th October 2020 at 21:36 #

Oh yes please also forget about the dong as well.
    Justjustin if you know so much about economics please do explain how these countries could afford to revalue such to match dollar/Sterling rate never can and never will not one currency could do this after such turmoil.
    And please don’t say oil reserve’s or figs.
    Also on the uneducated bit don’t use “lol” that really shows uneducated.
    And yes I believe in god as do my family.

10. Robert Cahill 17th October 2020 at 23:18 #

Everyone commenting on here is showing your ignorance and is one reason this investment has become a laughing stock and an embarrassment. Ya might wanna educate yourselves on how currency's actually work. Start off with this....KUWAIT NEVER REVALUED THEIR CURRENCY. Bunch of idiots

11. JustJustin1978 17th October 2020 at 23:25 #

Last comment to you good sir.... I'll have you know a few facts about Vietnam. They are the only country in the world that has had a GDP of 7% or higher for 7 years straight. Now with that being said I have the video of our president in vietnam calling them his little miracle and that one day we will all be on a level playing field. It continues as he as of last six months has called them out as "currency manipulatiors" and last month they were force to raise the value 4.7%. Well after this minimal increase our president again said that the manipulation must come to an end. Did you know that many of the tech companies are signing contracts to move from China to Vietnam? Just do some basic research and you'll see that China is bullying them in the south sea because of this exact FACT! Who am I though.... Just some guy who believes in God and what he has told was of the most prolific prophets in modern day history, Kim Clement. I NEVER heard of Kim Clement when I originally invested in this country. I owned stocks in the ISX have a citizens bank account and have plenty in a big safe. I learned and studied with doctors and lawyers. When the Christianity aspect came into play in 2016 I was floored! The investment has come full circle and the time is now. God Bless All of You. Study Kim Clement, Mark Taylor and you will see the TRUTH as EVERYTHING that they have said has or is coming to fruition.

12. JustJustin1978 17th October 2020 at 23:39 #

Oh Robert Cahill what would be the perfect word for you to make you happy? We the USA invaded out of "supposed democracy" like we always do to make a profit and their currency immediately devalued from $3.45 to .05 and then it was suspended.... Who's the idiot??? Just because I used the word revalued??? I'm finished with you morons and haters because you're mostly TROLLS who obviously have no reason to be here but to harass and hate people who believe. True??? I mean why are you here if it's a SCAM and us "Idiots" have not a clue how currency works? By the way WHATEVER best fits your description of what happened to the Kuwati Dinar it eventually "increased" from a war torn $.05 back up to a current $3.23. I personally know people who spent $5000 usd and became millionaires, Mic Drop!.... Sweet dreams folks.

13. Muhammad Usman Qayyum 7th November 2020 at 12:51 #

Revaluation of Iraqi Dinar is never possible utile 2025.

Don't say to lie to the folks.

Thank you!