Dr Ahmed al Shamma, Deputy Minister of Oil, to launch massive investment in refineries at the Iraq Mining conference on 7-8 September 2011. Dr al Shamma will present:
- A review of present refineries and operating capacities and details of major projects to rehabilitate and upgrade these refineries.
- A review of planned grass roots refineries to cater for domestic demand in the next two decades.
- A review of the main features of law 64 2007 and its amendment as regards to investment in refineries.
A recent Reuters report noted that Iraq is set to import 950,000 tonnes of gasoline and gas oil in the fourth quarter. Dr Al Shamma will reveal the Ministry's plans for welcoming international investment in refineries to turn Iraq into an exporter of refined oil products.
Minister of Construction to reveal massive infrastructure programmes
Minister for Construction and Housing, Mr Muhammad al Darraji, will reveal major projects with excellent incentives for international investment in infrastructure.
- Iraq Ministry will act as guarantor for international investment in infrastructure.
- Huge incentives are to be revealed at the conference for investment in highways, bridges and housing.
- A detailed overview of the Ministry's strategy for generating foreign investment in the housing and construction sectors will be revealed.
Iraq Mining 2011 is the significant conference to take place on the redevelopment of industries in Iraq. Distinguished Iraqi delegates and decision-makers headed by the Deputy Prime Minister for Economical and Industrial Affairs, Dr Rouzh Nouri Shawis, will participate.
To register for Iraq Mining 2011, being held at the Royal Garden Hotel, London, 7 – 8 September, please visit www.iraqmining.com to register. Organisations interested in exhibiting should email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 207 559 1412