According to Kurdish Globe, as merger awaits final approval by the KRG, analyst believes that the move is ‘good sentiment for the region’.
The UK-based Vallares PLC, listed in the London Stock Exchange and led by former BP Plc Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward, announced on 7 September 2011, its plans to merge with the Turkish Genel Energy International Ltd, the largest oil producer in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The value of the merger is US$2.1 billion
The UK-based Vallares PLC and former BP Plc Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward together with Genel Energy’s CEO Mehmet Sepil, will be addressing the Kurdistan–Iraq Oil & Gas Conference.
The event will take place in Erbil on the 13-15 November 2011 with the full support of the Kurdistan Regional Government, the Iraqi Government and the Ministry of Natural Resources – Kurdistan. According to Kurdish Globe, the first and the only English paper in Erbil, the Region was described as "one of the last great oil and gas frontiers".
Gulf Keystone Petroleum is confirmed as Principal Sponsor; Genel Energy, DNO, Marathon Oil, Repsol, KAR Group, UB Holding & Iraq Oil, ADDAX Petroleum, Afren, OMV, OilServ, MOL, Hess, Talisman Energy, WesternZagros, Garda World and Mubadala are confirmed as Associate Sponsors for the Conference.
Confirmed Ministerial Keynote Speakers:
- H.E. Barham Salih, Prime Minister of Kurdistan, Kurdistan Regional Government
- H.E. Ashti Hawrami, Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government
- H.E. Michael Aron, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Iraq, British Embassy
- H.E. Taner Yildiz, Energy Minister, Turkey
- Nadhim Zahawi , MP, UK Parliament
- Aydın Selcen, Turkish Consul General, Turkish Consulate , Erbil
- Qubad Talabani, Representative to the US, Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq
- Sir Jeremy Greenstock, Former UK Ambassador to the UN, Director, Lambert Energy Advisory ltd
- Dr Alirio Parra, Senior Associate, CWC Group Ltd
- H.E. Abdul Razzak Alsaady, Head of Iraq Finance Commission, Iraqi Government
- Sirwan Aziz, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq
- Saad Sadollah, Commercial and Business Development Advisor, Ministry of Natural Resources Kurdistan Regional Government - Iraq
- Michael Howard, Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq
- Tony Hayward, CEO, Vehicle Valleres
- Jabbar Allibi, Former DG of the South Oil Company & Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Minister’s Former Advisor for the South Oil Fields, Iraqi Ministry of Oil
- Todd F Kozel, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd
- Mehmet Sepil, CEO, Genel Enerji
- Magne Normann, Managing Director, DNO
- Walter Hamilton, Senior Vice President for Global Exploration, OMV Exploration & Production GmbH
- Gretchen Watkins, Regional VP for International Production, Marathon
- Michael Woltran, Senior Vice President Gas Logistics, OMV Gas & Power GmbH
- John B Gerstenlauer, Chief Operating Officer, Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd
- J Jay Park Q.C., Partner and Chair, Global Resources Practice Group, Macleod Dixon LLP
- Iain Wright, Associate Director, Afren
- Dr Peter Wells, Director, Neftex Petroleum Consultants
- Ben Montalbano, Senior Research Analyst, EPRINC
- Peter Worby, Iraq Country Director, AAIB Insurance Brokers, Iraq Insurance
- Prof Dr Friedbert Pflüger, Director European Centre for Energy & Resource Security (EUCERS), King's College London
- Ian McIntosh, VP Kurdistan Business Unit, Western Zagros Resources
The Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference is organized by the CWC Group Limited.