Iraq Business News is delighted to bring you the latest Iraq Market Tracker report from Dunia Frontier Consultants. The market tracker highlights the activities and market performance of a basket of publicly traded firms who derive a significant percentage of their revenues from operations in Iraq, but are traded on foreign exchanges: a proxy Iraq play as much as practicable. It also identifies and analyzes the primary political and security events that occur in country that have market-moving implications.
Click here to access the report.
DNO, ExxonMobil, Genel, Gulf Keystone, Marathon, Oil Search, ShaMaran, WesternZagros
- Allawi defiant, Kurdish silence is deafening: Allawi boycott helped scuttle parliamentary quorum, but again, Iraqiya is weak; watch the Kurds.
- Hayward, Vallares founders stand to pocket $247 million in Genel shares: Indicator of short-term and long-term plays on Kurdish oil shares.
- ShaMaran relinquishes Pulkhana, Arbat: ShaMaran focuses its exploration efforts, hopes to become acquisition target.
- IRGC statement angers Sadrists: Confirms that Iran will have influence in Iraq, but that Iraq's Shiites are not puppets.
- Hashemi bodyguards tortured: Reminder of just how powerful Maliki's intimidation campaign is.
- 28 Jan - Parliament to reconvene (second try)
- Next month - Reconciliation meeting