Iraq Business News is delighted to bring you the latest Iraq Market Tracker report from Dunia Frontier Consultants. The market tracker highlights the activities and market performance of a basket of publicly traded firms who derive a significant percentage of their revenues from operations in Iraq, but are traded on foreign exchanges: a proxy Iraq play as much as practicable. It also identifies and analyzes the primary political and security events that occur in country that have market-moving implications.
Click here to access the report.
DNO, Exxon Mobil, Genel Energy, Gulf Keystone
- Iraqi Budget passed: Maliki gets most of what he wants, gives little that is not strictly symbolic.
- Genel starting to look elsewhere: Genel can't really stomach increasingly frothy valuations, but majors may.
- Basra SPM still not operational: We celebrated too soon, but bellwether works.
- Riyadh names ambassador to Iraq: Small step forward, confirming Iraq is not Iran's puppet. Hopefully more progress to come.
- AQI claims attacks: Worrisome, part of recent uptick in violence. Will indicate political progress, or not.
Calendar Events Discussed:
- Next week - Discussions on former Deputy PM Mutlaq's potential return
- April - National Reconciliation Conference