Iraq Business News is delighted to bring you the latest Iraq Market Tracker report from Dunia Frontier Consultants. The market tracker highlights the activities and market performance of a basket of publicly traded firms who derive a significant percentage of their revenues from operations in Iraq, but are traded on foreign exchanges: a proxy Iraq play as much as practicable. It also identifies and analyzes the primary political and security events that occur in country that have market-moving implications.
Click here to access the report.
BP, ExxonMobil, Total, WesternZagros
- Stakes rise as GoI courts BP in Kirkuk: Definite escalation, but let's hope it stays war of words. Watch Kurdish peshmerga around Kirkuk.
- WesternZagros climbs 18% on oil find: Reminder of WZR's promise, trading around core position to profit from volatility.
- Arab League summit a qualified success: AL summit concludes without significant security breach, strengthening Maliki.
- National conference date proposed: Most likely stillborn, but if it gains traction, something may be afoot.
Calendar Events Discussed:
- This week - Arab League summit aftermath
- April 5 - proposed date for National Reconciliation Conference
- April 20 - Rewritten contract terms expected for 4th Oil and Gas Auction
Click here to access the report, or to add your email address to Dunia's mailing list to receive the Iraq Market Tracker via email.