Drilling to Start at Block 9

By John Lee.

Kuwait Energy and Dragon Oil have secured a rig from the Iraqi Drilling Company (IDC) to spud an exploratory well at Block 9 in Basra Province by the end of the year.

In parallel, the consortium has selected a provider for Environmental Impact Assessment, Environment Base Line Survey and contractors to perform de-mining activities.

Kuwait Energy owns 70 percent of the project and is the operator, with Dragon Oil holding the remaining 30 percent.

The work commitment on the block within the initial five-year exploration period will include de-mining, seismic acquisition and interpretation and drilling of an exploration well.

(Source: Dragon Oil)

Comments are closed.