Applications for 2015/2016 Chevening Scholarships in Iraq are now open, and will close on 15 November at 23:59 GMT.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to talented professionals who are potential future leaders, decision-makers and opinion formers. The scholarships offer financial support to study for a Master’s degree at one of the UK’s leading universities, and the opportunity to become part of an influential and highly regarded global network.
The following awards are available in Iraq:
- Chevening Iraq Scholarships
- Chevening Central Partnership Awards
What can I study?
For Chevening Iraq Scholarships, we accept applications from a wide range of subject areas, and particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Good governance
- Human Rights
- Rule of law
What does a Chevening Scholarship in Iraq include?
- A monthly stipend
- Travel to and from your country via an approved route
- An arrival and excess baggage allowance
- A thesis or dissertation grant
- The cost of an entry clearance visa
- Tuition fees
There is also a global Chevening fee cap of £13,000 for MBA and Master's in Finance. If the tuition fees of your chosen university course exceed this amount, you will be required to fund the remainder of your tuition fees.
How do I apply?
- Please read this important information before you apply.
- Follow the instructions on the Apply page to submit your application.
Please note: The availability of English language tests in Iraq is limited and test dates are usually oversubscribed, so we strongly encourage all applicants to book the next available test as soon as possible.
(Source: UK FCO)