The Kurdistan Regional Government’s Deputy Prime Minister H.E. Qubad Talabani, as well as the Minister of Natural Resources H.E. Dr Ashti Hawrami have confirmed their attendance and participation at the Region’s annual Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference taking place on 11-13 December 2017 in London.
International conference organisers CWC Group have announced the launch of the event’s 7th edition, recognised as the official end of year gathering for the hydrocarbons sector of the Region due to the unrivalled support year on year from the Kurdistan Regional Government, it’s Ministry of Natural Resources as well as the major stakeholders in the country including:
- KAR Group
- Genel Energy
- Gulf Keystone
- HKN Energy Ltd
- Energy Logistics
- Falcon Group
- Shamaran Petroleum
- HUNT Oil Middle East
The Strategic Conference gathers Government and industry senior representatives to discuss the major topics affecting the oil industry including: oil prices, financing solutions, infrastructure security, new blocks available in the Region and the diversification of the energy sector into gas to power and petrochemical sectors.
Senior Level Government Speakers Include:
- E. Qubad Talabani, Deputy Prime Minister, Kurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
- E. Dr Ashti Hawrami, Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
- E. Falah Mustafa Bakir, Head of the Department of Foreign Relations, Kurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
- Dr Amanj Raheem, Minister, Cabinet Secretary & Chief Legal Advisor, Kurdistan Regional Government, Iraq
- Dr Najmaldin Karim, Governor of Kirkuk, Governorate, Iraq
- Karwan Jamal Tahir, High Representative of Kurdistan Regional Government to the UK
Exclusive for 2017 will be the Workshop on Funding which will take place on 11 December 2017, a crucial topic for the oil and gas sector in the region. Gathering major players in the global capital markets, the Workshop will discuss the financing needs of strategic projects, the specific roles of finance institutions in developing products and the opportunities currently available.