By John Lee.
The Iraqi Ministry of Oil has reportedly announced that it will select a number of international investment companies to build five new refineries around the country:
- Kirkuk with a capacity of 70,000 barrels per day (bpd);
- Wasit capacity of 140,000 bpd;
- Nasiriyah capacity of 140,000 bpd;
- Basra card 140,000 bpd; and
- al-Faw capacity of 300,000 bpd.
According to Asharq Al-Awsat, the Ministry is financing Karbala refinery which is about 78 percent completed, and once it is fully constructed, it will provide about 9 million liters per day of high-quality gasoline, in addition to various oil derivatives in accordance with international standards.
(Source: Asharq Al-Awsat)
(Pictured: Baiji Oil Refinery)
Deprecated: related_posts is deprecated since version 5.12.0! Use yarpp_related instead. in /srv/users/ibn/apps/ibn/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5323