International Oil Companies: Inpex

Name: Inpex

Based in: Japan

INPEX Corporation is a Japanese oil company, listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 2004.

Fields in Iraq: Block 10

From the company's website:

INPEX and LUKOIL have been successfully awarded the rights to explore the Exploration Block 10 through the fourth Petroleum Licensing Round held on 31st May 2012 in Iraq.

LUKOIL (Operator) holds a 60% participating interest and INPEX holds the remaining 40% participating interest in the Block 10.

INPEX and LUKOIL will conduct exploration activities including the minimum work program of a 2D seismic survey of 1,375km and drilling of one exploratory well.

For latest news on this company's activities in Iraq please click here.

A full list of International Oil Companies (IOCs) operating in Iraq under licences granted by the Ministry of Oil in Baghdad can be found here.