Tag Archives | Atrush

ShaMaran Issues 3Q Results

ShaMaran Petroleum has announced its financial and operating results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2011. Highlights A major oil discovery in the Atrush Block was announced by the Company on April 13, 2011. The Atrush 1 well flowed at rates totalling over 6,393 bopd of 26.5 API oil from three tests […]

Iraq's Progress Depends on Foreign Expertise

Perhaps the most positive news out of Iraq in the past week came late on Wednesday, as the Canadian-based explorer ShaMaran Petroleum announced a major oil discovery at its Atrush-1 well in Kurdistan. ShaMaran has an 80% stake in the project, with Marathon Oil Corp holding the remaining 20%. The news comes as Baghdad and […]

ShaMaran Strikes Oil in Kurdistan

ShaMaran Petroleum Corp has announced a major oil discovery in the recently drilled Atrush-1 exploration well in Kurdistan. The Atrush-1 well was spud on October 5, 2010 and successfully reached a revised total depth of 3400m on January 21, 2011 after 91 days. The well was drilled on time and within budget and encountered a […]

ShaMaran Starts Drilling at Pulkhana-9

ShaMaran Petroleum, the Canadian oil and gas company listed on the TSX Venture under the symbol "SNM", has announced that drilling of the Pulkhana-9 appraisal/development well in the Pulkhana oilfield commenced on April 3, 2011. The Company has contracted an alternative drilling rig (Sakson 101) to the originally agreed Sakson PR3 rig as there was […]

ShaMaran Petroleum Rises on Iraq Update

Shares in ShaMaran Petroleum (TSX VENTURE:SNM) rose 8% today following an update on its Atrush-1 exploration well in Kurdistan. The well was spudded on October 5, 2010 and 9 5/8" intermediate pipe was set after logging the Jurassic section to the top of Kurrachine at a depth of approximately 2,230 metres. Drilling operations have progressed […]

Marathon Acquires Positions in 4 Exploration Blocks in Kurdistan

Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) announced on Wednesday that it has acquired a position in four exploration blocks in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The Company has signed production sharing contracts (PSCs) for operatorship and an 80 percent ownership in two open blocks northeast of Erbil - Harir and Safen. The Kurdistan Regional Government will […]

ShaMaran Starts Drilling at Atrush-1

ShaMaran Petroleum (TSX VENTURE:SNM) has announced the start of drilling operations at the Atrush-1 exploration well in the Atrush Block, Kurdistan. The well is being operated by General Exploration Partners ("GEP"), a company jointly owned by ShaMaran (33.5%) and Aspect Energy (66.5%). The Atrush-1 exploration well was spudded on October 5, 2010. The well which […]

ShaMaran Buys Into Major Oil Project in Kurdistan

ShaMaran Petroleum, the Canadian oil and gas company, has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Aspect Energy International to acquire a one third stake in General Exploration Partners, a wholly owned subsidiary of Aspect. The Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq ("KRG") and GEP are parties to a Production Sharing Contract dated November […]