As the lead contractor for the development of the super-giant Rumaila field in Southern Iraq, and on behalf of partners PetroChina Company Limited and the Oil Marketing Company of the Republic of Iraq, BP Iraq NV will be holding a Share Fair event at the Conrad Hotel in Istanbul on 22 November 2010.
The objective of this Share Fair event is to provide information to the Global/Local contractor communities on plans to rehabilitate the Rumaila field and specifically on the selection process for following types of contracts:-
- Engineering and Project Management Services (EPMS): scope shall include detailed design and engineering of certain facilities at Rumaila; procurement for and on behalf of BP and its partners; logistics management; and site construction management activities.
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC): Scope shall include design, procurement, installation and commissioning of discrete packages of work.
- Construction: Scope shall include construction and installation works only. May extend to include the supply of some materials.
Due to the high interest shown by the contracting community in attending this event, it is expected that invitations will be restricted to EPMS, EPC and Construction contractors with the capability to support large scale project activities. To this end, when expressing interest to attend this event, contractors are requested to advise proposed attendees (names and positions) and provide a brief company profile and a summary of your statement of accounts for the last 3 years.
Key dates for this event are as follows:-
- Closing date for expression of interest to attend the Share Fair event - 20 Oct 2010
- BP to issue formal invitations - 1 Nov 2010
- Share Fair event - 22 Nov 2010
After the Share Fair, Contractors will be invited to declare, via an Expression of Interest process, if they wish to be considered further. A prequalification and competitive bidding process will then be implemented to select the best value Contractors to support the development of the Rumaila field.
Registration of interest should be made via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information regarding the event and registration can also be found at www.rooevents.com
Note: Attendance at this Share Fair event is strictly by invitation only and all costs incurred shall be to each Contractor's own account. BP and its Partners reserve the right to modify or cancel the procurement process described above at any time.
Please click here to see a presentation on the consortium's plans for Rumaila.