Posted by Julien Massé - Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce
I am currently collecting interest for Aberdeen-based businesses to meet up with a trade delegation coming this month from the Kurdistan region. I know you have a particular interest in the region and thought you could be interested.
The event will take place in Edinburgh on June 29 2011. Jon Woodwards, International Trade Director at the Aberdeen & Grampian Chamber of Commerce will be leading the group.
Their delegation has a strong interest in the energy and infrastructure, and is also visiting to promote their investor-friendly tax regime to Scottish firms who have expertise and are interested in investing in this particular region.
The event will take the form of a networking lunch followed by opportunities for more specific meetings depending on areas of interest in the afternoon. More information to follow.
List of delegates (tbc):
· Minister for Trade and Industry
· Minister for Municipalities and Tourism
· High Representative to the UK
· Director General, Ministry of Trade and Industry
· Director General, Kurdistan Investment Board
· Director General, Ministry of Natural Resources (hydrocarbons)
· Adviser on the Economy and Finance, Council of Ministers
· President of the Federation of Kurdistan Chambers of Commerce