Iraq's Commission on Integrity referred hundreds of cases of suspected corruption, involving 1088 suspected criminals, to the judiciary in the first quarter of this year.
The total value of the frauds involved comes to $69 million (83 billion Iraqi dinars).
A organisation's quarterly report breaks down the cases by region:
- Baghdad /Al-Rysafa: 67 cases;
- Al-Karkh office, 101 cases;
- Al-Basra office, 86 cases;
- Thiqar (Dhi Qar) office, 61 cases;
- Missan (Maysan) office, 37 cases;
- Babel office, 68 cases;
- Wasit [Wassit] office, 72 cases;
- Al-Muthanna office, 23 cases;
- Karbala [Kerbala] office, 31 cases;
- Al-Najaf office, 27 cases;
- Diwaniya office, 150 cases;
- Nineveh office, 106 cases;
- Kirkuk office, 113 case;
- Salahaddin office, 30 cases;
- Diyala office, 63 cases; and,
- Al-Anbar office, 53 cases.