By John Lee.
Iraq's Petroleum Contracts and Licensing Directorate (PCLD) has announced that seven international oil companies (IOCs) have been selected to bid for the development of its Nasiriya oilfield and refinery:
- Zarubezhneft, from Russia (Up and Downstream);
- CNPC, from China (Downstream);
- Brown Energy, from US (Downstream);
- Reliance Industries, from India (Up & Downstream);
- Lukoil, from Russia (Downstream);
- Total, from France (Downstream);
- JGC and Tonen General, from Japan (Up & Downstream).
Fourteen companies submitted their qualifications for the Nasiriya Integrated Project between 1st November 2012 and 28th February 2013, and they were judged on four criteria -- Technical, Financial, Legal, and HSE.
The eventual winner will develop the giant Nasiriya oilfield and build a new 300,000 bpd refinery.
Reuters reports that the Ministry of Oil plans to hold a roadshow to discuss the contract model on 8th and 9th April in Amman, Jordan.
(Sources: Ministry of Oil, Reuters)
Deprecated: related_posts is deprecated since version 5.12.0! Use yarpp_related instead. in /srv/users/ibn/apps/ibn/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5323