Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 5th June 2014).
Please click here to download a table of listed companies and their associated ticker codes.
The RSISX index ended the week at ID1,833 (-0.6%)/ $1,966 (+0.4%) (weekly change). The number of week traded shares was 3.8bn and the weekly trading volume was ID9.4bn ($7.8mn).
ISX Company Announcements
- Commercial Bank of Iraq (BCOI) 1Q14 (unaudited) financial results:
B/S - 1Q14 (Assets: IQD423bn, +26% q/q (+28% y/y), Monetary Credit: IQD5bn, +17% q/q (+76% y/y), Investments: IQD235bn, +108% q/q (+39% y/y), Cash: IQD169bn, -12% q/q (+26% y/y), Deposits: IQD132bn, +36% q/q (-9% y/y), BV: IQD199bn, +1% q/q (+37% y/y) P&L - 1Q14 (Estimated Net Banking Income (NBI): IQD4.6bn, +56% q/q (-14% y/y), Operating Profit: IQD3.3bn, +829% q/q (+8% y/y), Profit Before Tax: IQD3.3bn in 1Q14 (IQD0.1bn in 1Q13), +8% y/y.
- Baghdad Soft Drinks (IBSD) will hold its AGM* on June 19, 2014 to discuss 2013 annual financial results, distributing cash dividend and electing new board members.
- Iraqi for General Transportation (SIGT) will hold AGM on June 18, 2014 to discuss 2009 & 2010 annual financial results and the capital increase from IQD1.60bn to IQD3.90bn through bonus issue.
- Original shares of Al-Ameen for Insurance (NAME) will resume trading on June 9, 2014 after they discussed and approved 2013 financial results and increasing its capital from IQD2.0bn to IQD3.0bn through 50% bonus issue. The opening price will be IQD1.47 per share with +/- 50% limit for the first session.
- Al-Sadeer Hotel (HSAD) will be suspended from trading starting from June 8, 2014 if the company fails to explain why the prices have touched the lower limit in the last two trading sessions (June 4th - June 5th).
- Baghdad Hotel (HBAG) will be suspended from trading starting from June 8, 2014 if the company fails to explain why the prices have touched the lower limit in the last two trading sessions (June 4th - June 5th).
- According to The Central Bank of Iraq's decision taken on May 29, 2014, Economy Bank for Investment (BEFI) would be under custody starting June 1, 2014 due to its inability to fulfill its financial obligations. ISX suspended trading of BEFI starting June 4, 2014 until they disclose the status of the bank.
- Shares of Asiacell (TASC) resumed trading on June 4, 2014 after they discussed and approved 2013 financial results and distributing 150% (IQD1.50 per share) cash dividend.
- New shares of Commercial Bank of Iraq (BCOI) from the capital increase to IQD250bn through 52.38% rights issue resumed trading on June 3, 2014.
- Shares of Palestine Hotel (HPAL) resumed trading on June 3, 2014 after they discussed and approved 2011 & 2012 financial results in its AGM* held on May 29.
- Al-Khair for Financial Inv. (VKHF) resumed trading on June 3, 2014 after fulfilling ISC’s disclosure requirements. Please note, VKHF is trading in non-regular market.
- A cross transaction occurred on IQD30mn Babylon Hotel (HBAY) shares on June 3, 2014. This represents 2.2% of HBAY capital.