"This annual report offers a wealth of information on the regulatory background and fixed-line markets in the Middle East. Subjects covered include:
- Fixed line statistics and trends;
- National telecom networks and infrastructure;
- International submarine cables;
- Infrastructure developments;
- Brief overviews of all major Middle Eastern fixed-line telecom operators.
This Middle East market report gives an overview of the fixed-line voice and infrastructure segment of the telecoms markets of the region. It details the major operators and infrastructure in each of the following countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, UAE and Yemen.
In the Middle Eastern region telecommunications infrastructure varies from very advanced to very rudimentary. Several Fibre-to-the-Home projects are under development in Israel and the Gulf countries but in Yemen and Iraq fixed-line penetration is only around 5%.