By John Lee.
As part of his recently-announced reform programme, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has ordered the immediate reduction in the number of ministers from 33 to 22:
In a statement on Sunday, the Prime Minister said that he has:
- Abolished the posts of Deputy Prime Minister.
- Abolished the following ministerial positions:
- Ministry of Human Rights;
- Ministry of State for Women's Affairs;
- Ministry of State for Provincial and Parliamentary Affairs;
- Ministry of State;
- Restructured the following ministries by:
- Integrating the Ministry of Science and Technology with the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research;
- Integrating the Ministry of Environment with the Ministry of Health;
- Integrating the Ministry of Municipalities and the Ministry of Construction and Housing;
- Integrating the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities with the Ministry of Culture.
(Source: Office of the Prime Minister)