Rabee Securities Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX) market report (week ending: 3rd Sept 2015).
The RSISX index ended the week at ID1,230 (+0.7%) / $1,287 (-0.1%) (weekly change) (-11.7% and -13.1% YTD change, respectively). The number of week traded shares was 2.7bn and the weekly trading volume was IQD3.4bn ($2.8mn).
ISX Company Announcements
- According to the CBI announcement, CBI is going to extend the date of selling the $2bn bonds with US dollar at their book value by the Ministry of Finance from September 1st, 2015 to September 30th, 2015. The bonds are going to be sold through CBI with equivalent IQD, at FX rate IQD 1095 – for every dollar and they are going to be paid by finance ministry on 28/2/2017 and it will be paid by US dollar at maturity. All banks submit the purchase orders to this bank and restricts all the amount as loan on their accounts whether the bonds were for the bank or to ordinary people or corporate that have current accounts in that bank. Purchase order is directed to the bank so that it will be able to buy the bonds to its customers through filling purchase application that will be presented to the central bank. Those bonds could be used as guarantees for receiving loans or facilities or any other paper works that require guarantees.
- Dar Es Salaam Investment Bank (BDSI) will resume trading on Sep. 6, 2015 after fulfilling ISC's disclosure requirements by disclosing 2014 financial results. The adjusted price will be IQD0.95 per share with +/-50% limit for the first session.
- Iraqi Islamic Bank (BIIB) will resume trading on Sep. 6, 2015 after they approved 2014 annual financial results and electing new board members.
- Al Nibal Al Arabya for Money Transfer (MTNI) will hold its AGM* on Sep. 12 to discuss and approve 2014 annual financial results, electing new board members and increasing its capital from IQD30bn to IQD45bn through rights issue. ISX will suspend trading of MTNI starting on Sep. 6.
- Babylon Bank (BBAY) will resume trading after fulfilling ISC's disclosure requirements by disclosing 2014 financial results.
- Investment Bank of Iraq (BIBI) will hold its AGM* on Sep. 5, 2015 to discuss and approve 2014 annual financial results, electing new board members and distributing cash dividend. ISX suspended trading of BIBI starting Aug. 30, 2015.