By Omar Sattar for Al Monitor. Any opinions expressed here are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of Iraq Business News.
Iran presses for Visa Waiver from Iraq
Iranian authorities continue to pressure the Iraqi government into waiving its travel visa between the two countries.
I have 5 short comments on this subject,
1. To waive the visa for "thousands" (in fact usually one million Persian Revolutionary Guard ) "visitors" from the expansionist Islamic Republic of Iran will be the final blow to whatever remained of the national security of Arabic Iraq.
2. To waive the visas for a few hundred Persian "visitors" when Iraq was strong and independent would be stupid considering the long history of Persian animosity towards all Arabs who "killed Hussain bin Ali who took Boran Dukht as a slave (Shahi Zanan the crowned daughter of the last Persian Emperor),
3. To waive the visas for one million Persian Revolutionary Guards "visitors" under the current Coronavirus Pandemic, and when Saudi Arabia restricts the Haj to a few thousand vaccinated Saudi nationals and residents of Saudi Arabia is out of the question for major health reasons.
4. To waive the visas for a few hundred Persian and not one million "visitors" to Iraq at the current dangerous state of tension between Iran and the USA forces in Iraq is nothing short of preparing Iraq to be the battlefield of the forthcoming war between Iran and the USA forces at the USA bases in Iraq and the Arabian Gulf,
5. Added to the current clear Iranian precipitated shortage of water and destruction of electricity supply to Iraqi Arabs, the Visa waiver will be nothing short of an insult to the Iraqi Arabs national pride, and an open invitation to the Persian Revolutionary Guards to drive the demoralised USA Army out of Iraq, occupy Iraq just like they occupied Arabian Ahwaz and Muhammarah following WWI.